Wednesday, 7 June 2017

May Wrap Up 2017

Heya!

I've got my wrap up for the month of May for you today!



May was a very busy month for me. You may have noticed that (or not :D) by my semi-disappearing act from the blog. Hopefully, I will be more present in June. 

The first significant thing that happened was the end of my final exams. I felt unsure of what to do with myself after that, and couldn't quite believe I was finished and didn't have to study anymore. It was quite a surreal feeling. 

Shortly afterwards, I decided to make my hair purple. I'm currently loving it, and wondering why I never decided to do this before. 

I had a team night with the basketball girls. We went to Jump XL, which is one of those places with a whole lot of trampolines. It was a lot of fun, and we finished off by having dinner together, outside. A mouse ran into the house and that sparked a lot of drama :D




I also started to work in a nursery, as I am trying to earn some money this summer. As I love kids, I'm pretty content to spend my time with a large amount of 4-5 year olds, who call me Ms. Olivia (I could get used to this) and keep commenting on my princess hair. We went on a school trip to a massive play park and there were more of the younger years invited. Imagine 200+ 4-7 year olds in one place, screaming, shouting, laughing, crying and having fun. I simultaneously wanted to pull my hair out and smile from the adorableness at the same time. 

The weather is so hot here in the Netherlands at the moment. We've been reaching up to 33-35 degrees. It means long hours of me reading outside at the park, or shopping in town. My family and I decided to go out and have lunch together one day which was nice. I had the most amazing salmon salad ever. 

This month was also my graduation celebration for finishing off secondary school. I wore a purple dress to go with the new hair, but my little sister looked GORGEOUS and personally, I think she totally was the best dressed at our table. Following on to graduation (the very next day, in fact) was our prom which I decided to go to in the end. I'd only bought the dress the weekend previous, but it didn't stop me from going, having a great dinner with my best mates and dancing like crazy all through the afterparty. 



I've made quite a lot of yoga progress, especially when it comes to hip opening poses and arm balance poses. Due to all the celebrations happening this month, my clean eating has gone from being the scale of 80/20 to more like 60/40. But I am working on correcting that already and hopefully will do better in June :D

I've been doing some of the 24 hour prayer shifts at church. Which, in one case, resulted in me coming home at 1am. That two hour slot was the hardest, but also the most rewarding. 

My little sister's 15th birthday happened in April, but we didn't go out to celebrate because I was studying for exams. We went to a rollercoaster park to celebrate toward the end of May. I brought my friend so that she could enjoy the day with us, and also help lift my sister on and off rides. Although I got frustrated with staff (we're writing a complaint letter and it's too long of a story to go into detail now) it was still a very good day. 

I've quit watching Doctor Who now... I just don't enjoy it like I used to even though this saddens me a lot :(



And lastly... I FINISHED MY ULTIMATE FAT BURNER 30 DAY CHALLENGE! This makes me so happy because although I love that it was a full body workout each day, it was so so hard. It had a lot of arm muscle targeted exercises, and I severely dislike those. I dislike arm workouts the most. :P



I managed to read 10 books. 2 were on my TBR, and the majority of the rest were because I got addicted to new adult m/m romances. I stayed up super late reading them. Like 5am late. I still have no regrets, even if I had to work the next morning with the kids. >.>







I have a full review and giveaway for Fractured Beauty on the blog already. I also have posted my review of Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold. 

So I read First and First, Concourse and Interborough, all by Santino Hassell and all part of the Five Boroughs series of his I have been reading. I absolutely adore the characters, and the stories. I was practically in happy tears while reading Interborough because some of that is simply too cute. First and First was a little too dirty for me >.> And made me a little uncomfortable if I am honest. But still. Best m/m new adult series out there.

I know I reread Stygian by Santino Hassell last month, in April. I reread it again. Do not judge me. I love the book too much!

The Billionare Wins the Game by Melody Ann was my attempt at enjoying m/f new adult, and it didn't quite work for me. It was alright, and I read it in the space of days. I just felt kinda meh about it. So I went on to read...

For Real by Alexis Hall. It's a BDSM m/m new adult romance and I don't know how I feel about having read it. It kinda makes me want to hide by the fact that I actually really loved reading this one.

How to Bang a Billionaire by Alexis Hall... I still can't believe I've read a book with that title. But, I needed more Alexis Hall. It was quite as good (not as great as For Real) and ended with such a cruel cliffhanger. I sort of want to cry about the fact that I have to wait a couple of months before the next book releases.

On a separate note, I also finished Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I'm trying to read more classics and I LOVED IT. I loved the two sisters, the characters, the drama and the everything. One of the best Austen novels. It's really up there with my favourites.



I have a couple of ebooks I have to read for review, and I'm gonna try and get off my new adult kick and actually read through my TBR! It seems ambitious, but it is the summer holiday and I have started to read at least five of them. I'm about 100 pages into all five, so I just need to keep up the tempo :)




The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
Americanah - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 
Stars Above - Marissa Meyer
Hellworld - Tom Leveen 
The Silent Songbird - Melanie Dickerson 
Private Reserve - Diana Sobolewski
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue - Mackenzi Lee
Internet Famous - Danika Stone
The Red - Tiffany Reisz
Starr Fall - Kim Briggs 
The Enchanters - K.F. Bradshaw
Stone Cold Past - Shea Berkley


 Even This Page is White [Poetry Collection Review]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivia's Question: How was May for you? What was your favourite read? What did you get up to?

Olivia-Savannah x

26 comments:

  1. Congrats on graduating and completing the workout challenge. And since there's no such thing as too many books on yiur TBR list, I'd like to recommend another billionaire romance, Tapping the Billioniare, by Max Munroe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lidy! Hehehe, I hope not. I don't think I will get to as many of them as I hoped, but I did/will read some. I'll look into that one :) Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. Having so many kids in the house may be tiring but it's fun too! :D Weather here is also so hot! It's reaching till 38C here! You were looking gorgeous at your prom * _ * Congrats on graduating!!!! 🎊🎉
    Haniya Qamar
    booknauthors.blog spot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiring but yes, fun! Ooh, I love warm weather. That sounds crazy high though ^.^ Aww, thank you <3

      Delete
  3. Nooooo you must keep watching Doctor Who. I have no one else to discuss it with. Seriously, no one I know watches it. But of course I respect your decision. <3 <3

    My favorite book of May was The Alice Network which I read as e-ARC. & My finished copy finally got dispatched today. Woop woop! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I feel like I know so many people who watch it! It's a shame there aren't that many people around you :/ Everyone is loving the Alice Network, and I think it might be something I need to read! Hope that copy ends up on your doorstep sooner rather than later :D

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful May. A lot of milestones happened for you this past month. I love the purple hair. I really wish that I had the guts to do something dramtic like that. I hope you have a wonderful June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few! And thank you, I was quite nervous when converting to purple. :P

      Delete
  5. Wow you are so amazing to do so many things in a day!!!
    Congratulations for your exams finishing as I know how free one feels after that :)
    You look stunningly beautiful in purple hair dear.
    You got very pretty smile!
    Glad that you enjoyed your funtime with friends and I can hear the screaming when rat was seen by you all lol.
    I think it is your love for your little sister that you found her prettier she found you same I believe.
    I can imagine the happy noise by so many kids but I am happy that your affection for kids make you feel happy with this .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a day! A month :) I don't think anyone could achieve all this in a day. And yes, the feeling of freedom is particularly wonderful to me! Thank you for all those compliments <3 Hehehe, the rat incident was hilarious. My little sister is one of the most beautiful people I know ;) And kids are wonderful to be around.

      Delete
  6. I'm loving the purple hair! And, I can't imagine there is anything to burn on that slim and fit frame of your's. You're lovely as you are, Olivia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 Eeee, I mostly do the workouts and yoga for gaining mental and physical strength/peace of mind. I'm not about that weight worrying game ;)

      Delete
  7. Yay for the end of exams and I love the hair!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happiness is all around here! Thank you <3

      Delete
  8. I also love Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice remains my fav. You're doing awesome, keep up the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane Austen is great! Glad you like her works too ;)

      Delete
  9. Ms Olivia - I love it! Loving the purple hair too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could get used to that ;) Thank you ^.^

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on graduating! Your hair looks beautiful. I love purple. :) The prom sounds fun too. Awesome news about your new job. Yeah! Sounds like May was busy, but lots of fun in the end. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for everything <3 Prom was a brilliant night!

      Delete
  11. Yay! Finals are over and let's not think about them in a long while hahaha also, that purple hair looks so good! I would love to go either full violet or silver grey but everytime I tell myself go do it I then get cold feet. I dyed my hair some kind of wine colour and so far, it will stay like that. Because I'm a chicken basically hahaha
    I'm planning on reading The Handmaid's Tale during the summer months so that I can finally start watching the TV show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, who needs to think about finals at all! Enjoy our time off. And congratulations to you too, for finishing and surviving it all ;) I like your wine red hair at the moment. That was one of my motivations for reading it too. Maybe we could discuss?

      Delete
  12. The purple looks gorgeous! I love it! And the kids at the nursery sound so cute <3 Sorry you had trouble with the staff at the park :-/ But congrats on graduating, and I'm glad you had fun at prom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you x Despite the staffing issue, it was still a fun trip! You're the best, Kristen x

      Delete