Saturday, 3 June 2017

I Never Say No... ~ My Hoarding Catastrophe

Hey everyone!

My hoarding catastrophe is a monthly feature here on Olivia's Catastrophe which is my book haul. Today I'll be sharing with you all the books I got in May!


Physical Books: I really don't have the word no in my vocabulary. Some Dutch booktubers were unhauling books which basically meant free books for me. Of course, I said yes. And when I went clothes shopping with my friend and found four Patrick Ness books selling so cheap that it was practically a crime, I had to snatch them up. I think it's time I expanded that two letter word to actually being part of my vocabulary when it comes to books. 

I also loved The Summer That Melted Everything so much when I read it, that I couldn't help buying a hardcover copy for my shelves. Other books I bought/got even though I've already read them are The Kite Runner, Uglies and Pretties. Don't ask >.>


Revolution - Piet Hein Wokke (For Review)
The Greatest Story Ever Told -- So Far - Lawrence M. Crauss (Giveaway win)
The Rest of Us Just Live Here - Patrick Ness
Heritage - Addie Hunter (For Review)
Uglies - Scott Westerfeld 
Pretties - Scott Westerfeld 
The Shock Of The Fall - Nathan Filer
The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness
The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness
Monsters of Men - Patrick 
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

For Review: I have no words. 





The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue - Mackenzi Lee
To Siri With Love - Judith Newman
Godeline - Jimmy Cajoleas
Even the Darkest Stars - Heather Mancett
Internet Famous - Danika Stone
Calling My Name - Laria Tamani 
The Afterlife of Holly Chase - Cynthia Hand
Enchanters - K.F. Bradshaw
The Last Namsara - Kirsten Ciccarelli
Solo - Kwame Alexander
The Red - Tiffany Reisz

Conclusion: Unless I start reading more books, I shall not request or buy anymore. From now on, my reading amount must be higher than my hauled in amount, hopefully considerable more done on the reading side. I'm mentioning it here because it means I am more likely to commit to it once I've told you all :)

Olivia's Question: What new books did you acquire during May? 

Olivia-Savannah x

30 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!! SO MANY BOOKS I WANT LEGIT!!!! I couldn't acquire books in May cause of exams :( You got so many books for review!!! So jealous!! *cries*
    Haniya Qamar
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you manage to get some new books soon! Treat yourself to a reward after all those exams. You've totally earned it ;)

      Delete
  2. So many beautiful books this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading them :)

      Delete
  3. You got such a wonderful haul this week! I have heard wonderful things about the Chaos Walking series, so I look forward to reading your thoughts. I will always love Westerfeld's Uglies series! <3 I hope you love all your new books!

    ~ Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Uglies series is so good! I haven't read all the way through it yet though, so that's something to do in the future. I'm excited to finally try some Patrick Ness!

      Delete
  4. This is why I don't accept review request. I can say no but I feel bad lol and on top of that, I have way too many books to say yes because I would also feel bad. You have some pretty nice on your pile this month ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it very hard to say no sometimes! But I understand your reasoning. Perfectly justified!

      Delete
  5. I don't think that no has a place in my vocabulary either. Every week I tell myself no more new books but then every week I add more than I am able to get read. It is a problem. I think that maybe I like book collecting as much as reading. Enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell from those weekly Stacking the Shelves posts! But hehe, we are bookworms and we love collecting. Nothing wrong with that :D

      Delete
  6. I so want to read The Gentleman's Guide! I bought my very first book in a long time today. But it was only $3 from the Dollar Store, no less. Lol.

    Happy reading, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading that one at the moment! It's off to a great start. You've been so dedicated to this informal book buying ban! Good on you, girl ;)

      Delete
  7. Ohhh nice haul! I very much approve of the Chaos Walking series, good call! Your review books look SO good too. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, Even the Darkest Stars, Calling My Name, and The Afterlife of Holly Chase are all on my must-read list! Hope you love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading the series, even now I know you like it! I hope you can get to reading those titles soon too ^.^

      Delete
  8. What an awesome haul! *heart eyes*

    Good luck with not requesting and buying more books than you read. Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna need all the luck in the world to actually be able to pull through and achieve it xD

      Delete
  9. It will take you all summer to read these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have plenty of summer reading for me now :P

      Delete
  10. Wow! What a haul! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now don't worry about the word no, you can never have too many books! And some of these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No and book hauling don't really go together see. :) I love the cover of Godeline! Have never see it but that one's awesome! And Even The Darkest Stars is another amazing one...

    Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they don't quite match up. Godeline looked so intriguing that I had to have it! I hope you look into those two ^.^

      Delete
  13. May was a bit slow on reading. I didn't get to as many books as I'd like. Looks like you have a busy summer ahead of you with all these great books. I'm intrigued about The Red - Tiffany Reisz. Happy reading, Olivia. =)

    Lonna @ FLYLēF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you did manage to get to some good ones, though. Yes, plenty to read! I can't wait to read another Tiffany Reisz novel.

      Delete
  14. Wow, so many of those books are on my TBR as well! Also, never say never to Patrick Ness. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must have a similar reading taste! Thanks Alice <3

      Delete
  15. Ha, you really need to balance out the rate of requiring vs the rate of reading! ;)

    ReplyDelete