Wednesday, 8 March 2017

You are SUPER!

Good morning everyone!

It can be a little bit hard to remember sometimes, right? That you, are in fact, super. More than super really. You deserve super in CAPITAL LETTERS. SUPER. 

There are some days when you spend the day in bed, or cancel any outings, and basically sit back and relax. Some days when you plant yourself behind the telly and before you know it you've watched three seasons of a show and it's the next day and you had things you were supposed to do. Trust me, I know. We've all been there before. And it can be really easy to feel like you're useless. 

We also end up reading plenty of books about girls and men who are super and it's easy to get your head stuck in the clouds. In the picture below, I included books which have main characters who seem pretty super to me. Cinder by Marissa Meyer, All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo and The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. If only I could accomplish what those girls/guys are accomplishing in one day in those novels... then I would be going places. 



But you don't have to be super like them. You can be super in your own ways. I've been seeing it a lot lately, especially in the light of a lot of political situations lately. People are being super in the way they are signing petitions. We don't know if those petitions will be given any attention, or even read, but the fact that so many people are coming together and standing for a cause united, shows a sense of community and mutual understanding that we all share. 

There are people who are participating in marches. People having conversations with friends who have conflicting or similar opinions. Maybe you'll butt heads along the way, but it means you strengthen your argument, and maybe one day you will convince someone to see things from your point of view. People are working together to make a different within their power, and that makes me realise that there are more super people out there. They may be going to work everyday, and dressed in ordinary outfits, but they are using their free time to make super efforts. 



I'm not going to spend time going on about my political standings, and what my own opinions are. I will say that I have been disappointed in the results of two major voting/referendum situations in 2016. 2017 is the year where are we going to feel the affects of those choices. I cannot say how much influence each one of us individually will have on those outcomes, but if we never try and make a stand and change something, we will never know. 

I didn't want to write a political blog post (mostly because this post is supposed to be advertising the jewelry. Then it was supposed to be a motivational post. But politics has been on my mind a lot lately, so here it is.) But now that it is, all I can really say is... 

Please continue to be SUPER in your own way. I sincerely hope that all our SUPER strength will amount to something new, something different, and something significant. 



If you want to check out the Super necklace and other jewelry like it, make sure you stop by Inspire Fandom. 

Olivia's Question: What is your political stance on the events of late?

Olivia-Savannah x

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful, inspiring post!
    We are all super in different, contrasting and amazing ways! :)

    I have also been disappointed in 2 voiting outcomes recently :( But on the flip side, it's making people stand up for what they believe in more. We all have a voice, we just need to be brave enough to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been amazing to see the response of the people who are dissatisfied and want to stand up for what they believe it. It's brilliant.

      Delete
  2. It's been a pretty disappointing year politically hasn't it, and I think people are just fed up. What a great time for this post, and happy Women's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... it's being discussed and debate everywhere. Maybe we all just need a little cool down ^.^

      Delete
  3. A wonderfully motivating post on Women's Day! I agree, each one of, even in the smallest ways, are being super each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess <3 And people need to not forget that!

      Delete
  4. Olivia, you are Super! Everyone excels at something and everyone can make a difference. Thanks for the inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our talents, despite them all being different ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm afraid I'm quite partisan on my views, and I'll keep it to myself less I offend anyone. This is strange because I'm usually pretty neutral. I guess I finally found something I'm passionate about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair enough, Lonna. Its good to be passionate about something as worldly as politics.

      Delete
  6. The comment box is not big enough for my stance on what's going on in the world. LOL. I think, you know, where I stand. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe now that I can understand. And yes, I do ;)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for writing this post Olivia! You're super as well! :D I LOVE THAT NECKLACE OMG.

    2016 has been a really disappointing year, I don't know what happened but the whole world has been behaving pretty crazy. And it's easy to get political and talk about that stuff, especially in these situations.

    I agree with you, and I can't understand how it's the 21st century and there are still all these problems going on.

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe the necklace is fabulous, right? Yeah, last year was pretty insane... Hopefully some of these problems and clashes can be resolved...

      Delete