Friday, 31 March 2017

Strawberry, Orange & Banana Smoothie [Recipe]

Good morning, everyone!

When I last posted a smoothie recipe, a lot of people commented and mentioned that I should really try adding strawberries to my smoothies. Now, I actually do listen to you and love reading all your comments, so I took your advice. And you all couldn't have been more right. Because this smoothie was delicious. 

These ingredients made enough for my sister and I, and it was also good to store for a night - usually I have to drink the smoothie fresh when it is made. I admit it does taste best when it is fresh, but this one can be stored for a day if you want to do so!



Here's the ingredients: 

2 oranges
1 banana 
A handful of strawberries (I have quite large hands, so it equated to half a Dutch packet of strawberries.)



Here's what to do: 

1. Peel the two oranges and juice them. 
2. Cut the banana into chunks and put that in the blender.
3. Remove the green tops from the strawberries and put them in the blender.
4. Put in the orange juice, and then blend until smooth!

Pretty easy and absolutely delicious, as well as good for you ^.^



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Video! My book review of The Sky and The Sea by Kevin J. Johnson.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivia's Question: Who cooks for you? Are you the chef, or a friend/husband/roommate/etc?

Olivia-Savannah x

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your smoothie recipe! It's almost warm enough here where I can think about cold drinks, and I cannot wait to break out my blender!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are perfect when the weather is warm! Hope you can drink some soon :3

      Delete
  2. I really wish that I liked bananas. They seem to be in so many recipes. I am thinking that a strawberry orange combo would be yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a strawberry orange combo would taste delicious too. I wonder if you wouldn't even mind it with banana, as it has a very weak taste in this one. The orange is stronger...

      Delete
  3. I love smoothies, but never tried one with oranges. I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so easy and yummy ^^ I want to try it at some point. Too bad my dorm doesn’t have a kitchen XD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :( If you get the chance to, you should ^.^

      Delete
  5. I've I don't cook, we don't eat. :D

    Lonna @ FLYLēF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe ;) You must be amazing at it in that case, then!

      Delete
  6. Oh this does sound delicious, and super simple! I've never actually tried making a smoothie even though I love drinking them. I'm kind of considering getting a blender since it's probably less work to just put some fruit in a blender than to drive to a smoothie place lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha yes, it is a lot less effort! And more rewarding by the end of it. Maybe something you could invest in, if you want to :D

      Delete
  7. Sounds delicious and easy. Nice that it can be stored for up to a day too. Sometimes I like to get my breakfast or lunch prepared the night before and this sounds like something that would work. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, smoothies which can be stored for a night are actually harder to find than I imagined. This was a plus for this one ;)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the recipe. It does look yummy!
    Wear many hats and chef is one of them. I do all the cooking and I am always trying to find good recipes that my kids will like. :)
    My husband will cook once in a while when he has time. Oh, those are the good times as he was a chef in his previous profession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice that you're so experimental in the kitchen and willing to try new things! Ooh, a chef? You guys must eat like kings and queens every once in a while ;)

      Delete