Saturday, 18 February 2017

Nails Extravaganza ~ Be-YOU-tiful

Hi there!

Nails Extravaganza is a meme here on Olivia's Catastrophe where I share my latest nail art designs with you all. 


It's been quite a while since I've shared a nails extravaganza post. Mostly because I was having some difficulties when it came to nail art. I don't usually have this with many things, but I started to get in my mind that I wasn't any good at nail art, and that I shouldn't even bother trying. It started with doing a couple of designs and mucking them up. But then, even when I was doing my nail art well, I was so unsatisfied. I would look at it, notice one little imperfection or so, and then remove it. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I decided I had to give up nail art. 


I still did paint my nails in colour though, just without designs. I actually got into nail art because I'm not such a huge fan of my nails. I loved nail polish because I could cover them up :P But yeah, I was still doing nail colour, but not nail art. 

But I have this nail art buddy, and we share a nail art account. After a couple of months of only her posting, she started to boost my confidence. She encouraged me to do my nails, give it a try, and actually show her before I removed it. And so I did. Because of her kind words and motivation, I managed to get back into it... slowly. 

There are some changes. I am going to be working on doing more simple designs and improving my skill before I go back to some of the complicated designs I was able to do before. I'm not going to be making anymore nail art videos. I just don't want that kind of pressure. But I will still be sharing here and on instagram. It'll work out, I hope :)



And that's why the first design I decided to do when I got back into sharing my nail art was this simple message. It's a reminder that you are beautiful. But at the same time, it's a reminder to be YOU. 
Thanks for reading ^.^

If you want to see more of my nail art make sure you follow our shared account on instagram!

Olivia's Question: Have you ever doubted your ability to do something well? What was it, and how did you overcome it? 

Olivia-Savannah x

20 comments:

  1. Your nail art looks great! Can't imagine the patience it must take to do that on both hands. I love the message too.

    I have doubted my ability to do something well. I have found practice is the only way to overcome it. The more we do something the easier it gets. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it can be pretty trying to do so! Yes, practice and doing something about it is the best way to change that mindset :)

      Delete
  2. You have the patience of a saint, Olivia. I did my nails this morning but I only managed to do my left hand. LOL. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I've done the same before too ;)

      Delete
  3. I doubt myself ALL THE TIME! The difference between failure and success is perseverance. I love your tenacity and you're endless energy. Keep up the amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lonna. And I do as well... which can be annoying at times. But pushing through is what is important :D

      Delete
  4. That's so clever! I honestly don't have the patience to do anything but paint my nails (and more often than not, I just leave them natural.)

    And yes, I doubt myself about everything. All the time. But I'm starting to learn that the result actually isn't the point... much as it might feel like it at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural nails should always be loved and appreciated for what they are well. And yes, the result isn't always the most important. Sometimes it is all about the journey :)

      Delete
  5. This is a very lovely post.

    Bloglovin
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! The writing on your nails is so neat, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lothwen! Having your approval always makes me feel honoured :3

      Delete
  7. This is amazing, Olivia! I can barely write on paper much less my nails. You did a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your handwriting isn't that bad! But thank you <3

      Delete
  8. You did it so beautifully. I let my daughter pain and make nail art on my nails sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I do the same for my mother from time to time!

      Delete
  9. They're gorgeous!!! <3 I'm kinda lazy when it comes to my nails. I mean, I do apply some nail polish every week or so, but never do any nail art.

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nail art takes extra time, and I go a few weeks without it as well. Sometimes, it's nice to just have colour ^^

      Delete
  10. Wow, they look awesome! I wish I could do nail art like that, but I can manage to mess up just painting my nails one colour! :)

    ReplyDelete