Friday, 24 February 2017

Christmas in February? ~ My Hoarding Catastrophe

Good morning! 

My Hoarding Catastrophe is my book haul meme here on Olivia's Catastrophe! I'm going to be showing you all the books I've acquired in the past month... 


Physical Books: In this haul I am finally including the books I got for Christmas from friends and family. I've also got some here which I bought at a Winter book fair... where all the books were second hand but some were in really good condition. My favourites have to be the two beautiful classics from my lovely sister and the beautiful white Twilight collection from my parents ^.^


A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini 
Green Juices & Smoothies - Fern Green 
Dangerous Pilgrims - Lawrence Swaim (For Review)
Article Three - Anna Jakobsson Lund (For Review)
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood 
Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury 
War Nurse - Sue Reid 
The Suspicions of Mr Whicher - Kate Summerscale 
The Twilight Saga - Stephanie Meyer

For Review: I may have taken on a few more books than I wanted to this month >.>






Magpie Murders - Anthony Horowitz 
Cold Summer - Gwen Cole 
Numbers Game - Rebecca Rode
The White Aura - Felicia Tatum 
That Thing We Call a Heart - Sheba Karim 
If Birds Fly Back - Carlie Sorosiak 
Bluff - Julie Dill
The Night Mark - Tiffany Reisz 
Birthright - Jessica Ruddick 
He Will Be My Ruin - K.A. Tucker 
Grace and the Fever - Zan Romanoff 
Fyre - Katherine Bogle 
Starr Fall - Kim Briggs 
The Last Gate - Michael W. Garza

And those are all the books I've hauled in during Christmas and winter!

Olivia's Question: What new books have you acquired/bought lately?

Olivia-Savannah x

20 comments:

  1. I've always wanted those white Twilight books. They're so gorgeous! And I loved Cold Summer. Such a unique story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I wanted them so much! They were so beautiful <3 I am really looking forward to reading Cold Summer ;)

      Delete
  2. I just picked up Scythe (Arc of a Scythe #1) and This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1)--super excited to read them. Great haul, Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAS! I loved This Savage Song and cannot wait to hear what you'll think of it!

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I enjoyed He Will Be My Ruin and I have been wanting to read Tiffany Reisz. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it too! I would recommend Reisz's The Bourbon Thief! I wanted to read another novel of hers :3

      Delete
  4. Oooh, you've got Fyre too! I just finished reading it today and liked how the stories add depth to Haven.

    My sister bought me a copy of Thousand Splendid Suns but I have to wait until I return to the UK to get hold of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Haven so I am looking forward to trying Fyre. Glad you could enjoy it :3 I have read A Thousand Splendid Suns before (I just wanted to own it) and I couldn't recommend it more!

      Delete
  5. That's quite a list of books! I really loved both A Thousand Splendid Suns and the Bradbury novel. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Thousand Splendid Suns is beautiful and moving. I am looking forward to the other classic as well :D

      Delete
  6. So many good books! I remember especially loving The Handmaid's Tale and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Coincidentally, I also received The Last Shadow Gate for review (I'm almost done with it) and I'm liking it so far. I'm excited to hear what you think of it!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people have been reading that one lately! I am looking forward to both of the books. Happy to know you're enjoying it so far ^.^

      Delete
  7. Ha, resist the request buttons and offers to review Liv! You can do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Awesome books, and I love the covers!! I'm dying to read Starr Fall :)
    Enjoy!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to reading that one! Pretty covers are my kryptonite ;)

      Delete
  9. I'm a little envious of your white Twilight books! They look so pretty! Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO MANY BOOKS OLIVIA! I love A Thousand Splendid Suns! Those are a lot of books to read and review. The last book I got is Bone Witch but I think I'll DNF it because it's just really dull so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know *hides* I loved A Thousand Splendid Duns too <3 Ah, I'm sorry that one didn't work out for you...

      Delete