Friday, 30 December 2016

Camel Pose [Yogi Dragoness]

Hi everyone! Eeee, it's almost 2017 D:

Today I am going to be starting a new series of posts which I hope you'll be seeing a lot more in the coming year. This year was when I really started to get a bit more serious about yoga - which is something you've probably seen in my life updates. But I wanted to share some of my yoga progress here on my blog, like I do on my instagram account. 



I thought the best pose to start with would be my favourite pose, the camel pose. I have a love hate relationship with a lot of yoga poses. When I started doing this one for the first time, I didn't hate it... but I found it quite uncomfortable. Not because of the back bend to it - but because when your head is thrown back in that position and your neck is stretched out like that it can be hard to breathe. 


However, over time this quickly became a favourite of mine. I use it to warm up for any deeper back bend poses I want to try. I take the time to pause and really breathe in it. The more breathing I worked on doing, the easier it became, and more comfortable. I don't think there are many yoga sessions where this one isn't included. 


And when my sister and I went to the beach in summer, it was nice to get a quick snap of this as well. How I miss summer :'(

New Video!



Olivia's Question: Have you ever given yoga a try? Would you like to?

Olivia-Savannah x

14 comments:

  1. Love! I need to get back to being healthy again. I hope it's not just bluster. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried yoga, but it looks interesting. I like the stretching aspect of it! It looks like you have gotten better at the pose over time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend you giving yoga a go! ;)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I wasn't following your Instagram accounts! Following you now! :P

    Camel pose is also one of my favorites, it works wonders on my back <3 That picture on the beach is really beautiful! :D

    I need to do more yoga this year, I've been slacking a bit lately >_<

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I love your instagram as well! And yes, this is brilliant on the back. :3

      Delete
  4. I tried to do this post...was hard! Wishing you and your family a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there! And the more you practice, the easier it is going to become ^^

      Delete
  5. I used to love yoga at college. There was a weekly class on a Friday morning that completely set me up for the day and beyond. Having yanked a muscle in my back over Christmas, I've realised I probably need to get back to yoga. I am embarrassingly not flexible! Your posts will be perfect encouragement to try :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get back to it and can find the love you had for it once again, Stephanie :)

      Delete
  6. That's a beautiful camel pose if I might say so myself! I love yoga, and practice 2-3 times a week. My favorite is vinyasa. Namaste all day. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Lonna. And I do vinyasa yoga myself as well ;)

      Delete
  7. I've never tried yoga. Not sure about it, although I hear it is very good not only for your health but for stress, etc. My favorite form of exercise is walking. I could walk miles and miles if I just had the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is really good for you, and I am glad you've found something you really enjoying doing and is good exercise too!

      Delete