Sunday, 14 August 2016

July Wrap Up ~ I'm Back!

Hey everyone!

After three weeks of holidaying, I'm finally back. I wanted to do a quick wrap up for July even though it's mid-August because I didn't want to leave the month hanging. I know it's really late but oh well, here goes!



Quite a lot happening in July! To start with, there was the Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon which was a lot of fun. There was a lot of action on twitter which made discussions all the more fun. I had two of my wisdom teeth removed, and that was the first teeth I have ever had removed. They've been cleaned and are currently sitting on my bookshelf because I am creepy like that and want to keep them. You know, as a reminder for when they drilled into my mouth and yanked out two of my teeth. Happy memories, that sort of thing. Thankfully though, I was eating solids the next day and didn't really experience much pain? No swelling, no hassle except needing to take extra care brushing my teeth... 
Which was a good thing because the next day I went to a BEYONCE CONCERT! If you know me, you know I love Beyonce like crazy and have listened to her music since I was a child. I went with my oldest sister and it was one of the best times ever. I would love to show you photos but... We came home at two in the morning or something like that, and in my exhausted daze I LEFT MY PHONE ON THE TRAIN. To this day, I haven't heard any news about that phone and it is gone... I was so upset because I lost all of my photos on that phone because I didn't have an icloud or whatever it is people said I should have had >.>  But I did buy a new phone which is an iphone6. It's an upgrade from what I had, and I love it. I've named it Chiyoko after a character in the first Endgame novel by James Frey. It's not black like my old phone so hopefully I won't lose it, and the cover isn't black as well so it should be harder to forget or leave behind. 

Then I went to England where I had two days with my best friend since birth. Then me and her went to Diverbo, which is a Spanish camp experience in Spain. It was a week there with a lot of Spanish teens and international teens who I had never met. It was a blast and one of the best experiences I've ever had. But when I write a full going post about it, I'll let you know all the details. (Like how I learned and preformed things like the cup song, a dance called the bacheta and the Hoedown Throwdown from The Hannah Montana Movie.
The rest of my travels overlapped in August, so that's for another wrap up ;)


P.S. My best friend in England convinced me to download Pokemon Go. I haven't spent any 3G or whatever playing it because I don't think it's right to spend money on games like that (I'm a cheapskate, I know, but oh well ^.^) but I have managed to catch 40 Pokemon...



I read 6 books in July...


The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis that I am so glad I finally managed to read! It only added to my unfinished childhood inside of me and it was actually incredibly good. I read the whole thing in a single day. 

Dracula by Bram Stoker was one I buddy read with @savi.reads on instagram (well, it's a joint account but I only read it with one of them). It was a pretty interesting classic, if not slow paced at some moments. I love Twilight so I was curious to see the origins of all these vampire stories. The ending was a little underwhelming, but I liked the way the story built up. 

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen was a buddy read with @booksmaenjelle on instagram. I had previously read two Dessen books and detested them both. But this one... it reached out to me so much. I related to it on so many levels. And somehow, I ended up in tears. It wasn't even that sad and I cried at three parts of this book. This is coming from someone who doesn't cry when they read pretty much ever >.>

Sticks and Stones by Abby Cooper was also a really good middle grade novel. A review for that one is going to be coming up soon, but all I can say is that it might be one for you if you enjoyed reading Wonder by R.J. Palacio, although it is still quite different as well.  

Secrets, Lies and Scandals by Amanda K. Morgan and The V Girl by Mya Robarts which have both been reviewed if you want to see my thoughts on them.



Nope, nothing for this month. It feels a little late to do one, seeing as I've already read 5 books for August and it would be cheating just to put those ones >.>



  • Currently on Holiday! [Hiatus]
  • I was in quite a bit of a blogging slump... but I'll do better in August, promise ;)




    Popsugar 2016 Challenge:28/40
    2016 #BustleReads Challenge: 10/20

    Olivia's Question: How was July for you? How did you spend your summer?

    Olivia-Savannah x

    19 comments:

    1. Welcome back! :) Glad you had a good time!!!! XD <3

      I love Dracula, but I agree that's it's not as uber-dramatic as you might expect. I've read it like 5 times though and every time I remember how much I love it! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks girl! Can't wait to post more. Hehe it's great that you still love it. It's a steady and slow kind of novel.

        Delete
    2. Wow, it sounds like you’ve been busy. I love all the photos. I wish I’d kept my wisdom teeth—I didn’t know I could ask to have them back after they were pulled.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's been a busy month, but a really good one! I wasn't even going to ask to keep them but the dentist sorta just handed them over to me :P

        Delete
    3. Welcome back, Olivia! I was happy to see your name when I opened my email :-) July was a pretty normal month for me, reading wise. I went to Florida the second weekend of July, but didn't stay the whole 5 days as planned. My boyfriend has promised to make it up to me by taking me back to Las Vegas next April. I'm excited because we haven't been in 6 years!

      August has been really chaotic for me, and I'm not really feeling like doing posts. I'm reading but I am too tired to type up reviews for anything. Hopefully, next month will be better. Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's good to be back <3 It's nice that you were able to get some time away in Florida but a shame you had to come back early. At least you already have that trip to Las Vegas you can look forward to!

        Take it easy if you have been busy this month. Reviews can wait and build up - the most important thing is that you're enjoying what you're reading.

        Delete
    4. Welcome back Olivia! It sounds like your vaycay was super exciting, going country hopping and all!

      Is it odd that I never considered myself a Beyonce fan until Lemonade? Now I can't get enough! Regardless, I know she put on a fantastic show for you!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was a lot of fun! I've always been Beyonce crazy but I can see why Lemonade has a lot of appeal. Good of you to join us fans though ;) It was a brilliant concert.

        Delete
    5. Welcome back and I am glad you had a great time! I had 3-4 wisdom teeth all at the same time around 25, so that was a lot of fun! I am glad you got to see your best friend and go to Spain! I look forward to reading that post about the camp. I still need to read Dracula! Did you hear about Stephenie Meyer's new novel The Chemist? :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. At the same time must have been pretty terrible though! D: I don't think I would have liked that experience. I didn't hear about it till now but I looked into it! I just want her to write the sequel to The Host though >.>

        Delete
      2. Yeah my mouth was sore, but it wasn't too horrible. My dentist felt pretty sorry for me hehe.

        Oh I know! I want The Host sequel too, and a lot of fans are complaining, but I guess it's better than nothing. :)

        Delete
    6. Seriously, you had like the funnest summer ever!! I've always wanted to travel so hearing about your adventures in Spain and England gives me a bad case of wanderlust. So happy to hear you had fun though! Other than the wisdom teeth and losing your phone, of course. I imagine those weren't too fun compared to everything else XD

      And I'm so happy to hear you liked Just Listen! One of my favorites from Sarah Dessen!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope you do get to travel a lot in the future! I'm sure you'll be trotting all over the globe. There have been some highs and some lows.

        That was such a good book. I just loved it <3

        Delete
    7. I love that you named your phone! :-) Also glad to have you back! Very quick way to summarize your challenges. Maybe I'll try that next time when I do an end of the month post.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hehe I name pretty much everything, so of course Chiyoko needed one too :c It's much more easy going for me to remember how it's going as well. I would recommend giving it a go :) And then you can just copy paste for each month, adding up the number you've read so far.

        Delete
    8. Oh my gosh it sounds like you've had such a crazy (but fun!) July! I actually got my wisdom teeth removed too in July (except I had all four removed and they didn't let me keep them :(). I've never really had any major injuries or surgeries before so it was a new experience for me.

      Haha, ah the Narnia series :) I'm actually reading the series right now as well and am going in chronological order instead of publication order so that it makes more linear sense to me (I'm just starting The Last Battle)! I remember reading them in my childhood but I don't really remember what happened in any of them except the ones they made into movies of course (and I watch over and over again just to listen to the soundtrack!). I hope you have a lovely rest of your August, Olivia!

      Laura @BlueEyeBooks

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's been busy and that's probably why I have been so absent in the blog world, but I loved it. All four must have been seriously painful though >.>

        I've been reading them in publication order. Or I will be - I've only read the first one still but I am going to be getting to the others. I LOVE the movies. They are literally my everything <3

        Delete
    9. That sucks about your phone, would have loved to have seen your Queen B pics! Sounds like you have had an amazing time and glad those wisdom teeth weren't too much of a pain. I got all four of mine out under general a couple of years back, I wish I had kept them!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have the memories in my mind but it's a shame the visual representative is gone. Most people go for all four at once when they are getting rid of their teeth!

        Delete