Monday, 11 July 2016

The Grisha Playlist [Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon 2016]

Welcome to the first post on Olivia's Catastrophe for the Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon! Today we are going to have the ULTIMATE Grisha playlist. Here goes!

Heartrenders and Healers - A theme tune for the Corporalki.

Controllers of the winds - A theme tune for the Etherealki.



Controllers of metal - A theme tune for the Materialki.

A song for when your scared to soothe you while crossing The Fold.


A song of grandeur - You’ve just arrived at the palace.


A song about traveling - You’re a mapmaker with Alina.

A song that represents Alina’s character as you perceive her.


A song that represents Mal’s character as you perceive him.


A song that represents The Darkling as you perceive him.



A song about light - The power of light.


Link up!


Olivia's Question: Do you know any of these songs?

Olivia-Savannah x

26 comments:

  1. Candle in the Wind is one of the greatest songs of all-time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol to Uptown Funk. Oddly fitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least fitting in the beginning. Maybe not so much later on ;)

      Delete
  3. Cool list. I like sappy little songs like Count On Me. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are always a personal favourite of mine too <3

      Delete
  4. Be Prepared is so perfect for The Darkling. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same! It immediately came to me :D

      Delete
  5. Nice list: I think the songs for the Corporalki and the Darkling are very fitting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know most of the songs and I do believe them quite fitting for the Grisha Trilogy and I just had to go mental when I saw "Be Prepared" as the song for the Darkling. Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, it was the song that sprung right to mind. There was no way I was going to be choosing anything else.

      Delete
  7. This is great! I'm digging this feature and I'm happy I know most of these songs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fun feature! I haven't heard of any of these songs, but I think they all fit very nicely. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you've been able to discover some new music ;)

      Delete
  9. Great choices here.
    Demi's songs are really something, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're always so powerful! She really does have a strong voice.

      Delete
  10. I haven't read the books, but I love these songs you have picked!
    I hadn't listened to Beautiful People before.I find it very catchy haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful People is a unique song that I actually found on YWS!

      Delete
  11. This is such a neat idea! I still need to read the Grisha trilogy because I refuse to allow myself to read the Six of Crows until then (even though I know you don't have to). Listening to your picks really helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Six of Crows either! Not going to until I have finished the Grisha trilogy, so we have the same feels there.

      Delete
  12. I have heard of a number of them- or at least the band, and heard Be Prepared

    ReplyDelete