Saturday, 7 May 2016

Monthly Wrap Up ~ April 2016

Hey everyone!

So this is my wrap up for April a week late because well... I've been shunning all responsibilities. But here goes nothing :D



So what did I do this month when I wasn't really present on the blog? Well, it was the one year anniversary of me choosing Christ and being baptised - and I took the day to remember that choice and think about it. I didn't really celebrate though. 

I was in the biggest reading and blogging slump that I have ever been in in my life. I had no preparation on how to handle this. 



This month was also the school prom which I did go to this year. I didn't go all out and buy a new dress or anything (I used one of the church dresses I already own) and it was okay. The prom itself was kind of boring but the company was great. 

There's this pretty epic guy who has become pretty special to me lately ;)

My older sister came home for a bit and as a family we went to see Kung Fu Panda 3. It was good, but not as great as the previous two have been. I also went to the cinema most this month than I have in a long time, also seeing Civil War (pretty good! I was impressed. Team Iron Man all the way) and The Jungle Book too (which was brilliant! I can't wait to talk more about it.)

I went up to the North of Holland for a holiday with my family and my best friend came along too. We went to three museums - a house development, a prison and a prehistoric one. We went to the cinema there and to this amazing zoo where I took a lot of pictures. Expect to be seeing them come up as Olivia Snaps soon!


Not much. 


I shouldn't really be complaining because seven books is a decent enough number. But I just didn't really feel it this month. I had so much time to read so much more and I just couldn't. Anyway, here they are. 

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Adieh - That took me by surprise! There was a lot of hype and I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. I read the whole thing in a day. Before the slump, of course. 

King Lear by Shakespeare - This was required school reading. It was a decent play but disappointing because I expected to like it a lot more than I did.  

The Secret History by Donna Tartt - This was a buddy read with Noelia @ A Day in Bookland. I loved Tartt's The Goldfinch so I was looking forward to this a lot. But there were a lot of issues with the pacing and the story wasn't nearly as good as I hoped. Such a shame. It dragged. 

No Love Allowed by Kate Evangelista, Mail Order Brides by many authors, Death Wish by Megan Tayte and The 13th Continuum by Jennifer Brody are all ones I reviewed.



Because it's pretty much the same as last month with only a few little changes, I'm just going to show you a photo and not list anything! Sorry but #laziness.







Popsugar 2016 Challenge:22/40
2016 #BustleReads Challenge: 6/20

Olivia's Question: How was April for you? What did you do? What did you read?

Olivia-Savannah x

34 comments:

  1. Argh! I realllllyyyyy wanna see Civil War! Have to wait & see it with the bestie on Monday. #TeamCaptainAmerica (well, #TeamBucky) sorry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! Hehehe, despite being on the inferior team <3

      Delete
    2. Saw it yesterday - loved it! And Cap all the way. All the time. ;) Nothing beats the Bucky-factor

      Delete
    3. Haha yay! Glad you enjoyed it so much ^.^

      Delete
  2. You're doing so well on all your challenges! And 7 books is a big number, you should be proud! Seems like you had a great month, so here's hoping May will be even better.

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April was a good month in terms of events! And seven actually isn't so bad. I need to start looking at the cup as half full ;)

      Delete
  3. For a slump month (which feels like a real thing ahah) you appear to have done a lot! 7 books is great and I'm glad you enjoyed some of them :) hopefully May will be better with more motivation and good books
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup... slump got to me bad. And I did enjoy quite a few of them. I'm hoping it will be better in terms of motivation especially :D

      Delete
  4. Seven books is a lot for a slump! I am so excited to watch the Jungle Book! I've heard so many good things. I'm glad you liked The Wrath and the Dawn, I've been wanting to read it for a while now.

    I hope May is better for you! May the odds be ever in your favor. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go and see it - I can't recommend the movie more. And the book TWaTD was brilliant! Well worth your time ^.^

      Delete
  5. Very interesting post,I'm so glad that you had a prom that's so nice *-* Also very nice photos and this gif :D
    Would you like that we follow each other? Let me know!
    Also chech my newest post-> beautyshapes3.blogspot.hr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the choices :D Prom is a cool idea ;)

      Delete
  6. Seven books is still great! Plus- you did a lot of other things besides reading and blogging like going to museums, spending time with family, going to more movies, going to the prom, etc. It sounds to me like you did a lot of memorable things in April. Hopefully May will be a better reading month for you, but don't be too heard on yourself. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I think about it that way, maybe April was more full than I thought :D It doesn't always have to be about reading. Thanks for reminding me of that <3

      Delete
  7. You're so good, Olivia, to update your challenges. I an't even manage that much. I've never been to Holland, but I'd like to go someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not always easy! I mostly rush to do it right before this kind of post gets released haha xD I hope you do visit sometime! I love it here.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a pretty good month overall! That trip to Holland sounds like it was really fun so I can't wait to hear more of it! Here's to an even better May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty good month all in all. :3

      Delete
  9. April, for me, was a mess. I has so much going on in my life that I missed posting several days. I'm still doing a lot, but I've learned to say no on Sundays. I stay to myself, at home or I go out to the movies. I'm heading to catch the 1:30 showing of Civil War in a few. Then I plan to come home, make a pot of coffee, and read until Game of Thrones comes on tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay to miss a couple of posts! I pretty much figured it out this month as well. It's good that you have reserved Sunday's as a you day though. I hope you enjoy Civil War and that you had a relaxing day.

      Delete
  10. I get in a reading slump every now and again, too. It sounds kind of odd for people who love to read to get in a slump about it, but it happens. Even still it sounds like you had a lot going on. Great wrap up! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I guess even people who love what they do need a break as well!

      Delete
  11. Sigh. I had the same April, Olivia. I was down in the dumps, in a reading rut and I just couldn't find it in me to write anything. Well, let's hope we're both back in our top forms.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... it wasn't great when it came to how I emotionally felt and the weirdest thing was that I didn't have a reason to be feeling that way at all :/ Glad it's sort of ended for me now.

      Delete
  12. You did good for your have a reading slump. I hate when those happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was my first one and it really managed to get me down.

      Delete
  13. I only read four books... and one of them was an illustration books, so three. So you did great! Also, you had a lovely month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three books, and four (I count the illustration one! hehe ;) ) is also better than none :D

      Delete
  14. Ooh King Lear. My friend recommended that one to me. Sounds like you weren't as impressed with it, but hopefully it won't let me down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll still be able to enjoy it! It wasn't bad, but just not really what I was expecting or a new favourite.

      Delete
  15. It sounds like, although your reading hasn't been top notch (although three books in a month is still three books, and that's actually a fairly decent month's worth of reading for me! *laughs* My reading game is maybe a little off this year, too!), your family life has been pretty good, and I hope you're happy with how things have been going! And it sounds like you've got other exciting things happening in your life, too, so I think it's probably alright if your reading suffers a little for everything else to be experienced. Although I know what it feels like to not be satisfied with your reading, so I hope you feel better about things next month. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay to ease up on writing a bit. And yeah, the whole real life thing has been going pretty well :3 Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself about those kind of things taking priority for some time.

      Delete
  16. In April I was also in a huge blogging and reading slump and while reading-wise it’s better now, I still have a lot of blogging to catch up to. Life gets so crazy sometimes! I also saw Civil War recently and really loved it. I’m planning to watch The Jungle Book tomorrow with my sister and I’m excited because almost everyone I know who’s watched it really enjoyed it. You trip sounds like it was lots of fun! I’m looking forward to your photos ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like April was pretty slumpy for everyone! It's kind of cool to know that I wasn't alone in this. I'll be busy catching up in May as well. I'm glad you loved it and I hope you will like The Jungle Book as well ;)

      Delete