Saturday, 26 March 2016

Nail Extravaganza ~ Stripin' It!

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a good Easter Weekend.

Nails Extravaganza is a nail art meme I made for Olivia's Catastrophe because as well as my love for books, I have a love all of things nail polish. As usual, this one includes a video tutorial for if you want to try this design yourself. 


This nail art design is pretty simple. It's basically stripes with a half moon of another colour at the base of the nail. I was just experimenting and throwing something together while I was filming the whole process and watching Doctor Who. This is what my results were. 



The only thing I would change would be my colour choices (if I had properly planned this design like I usually do.) Why is that, you may ask? Well, because once I showed it to my dad, who I have trained to become my most valued nail art commentator, he said, "Aren't those the Colgate colours?"


So yes - although involuntarily - I have managed to make my nail art resemble a brand of toothpaste. So if you DO end up trying out this design, you might want to switch up the colours a little. Oh, and I have a collage now too!


Video! The tutorial!


Olivia's Question: What series do you like to watch?

Olivia-Savannah x

28 comments:

  1. ahh, you gotta love father's comments - they always put life in perspective ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I love your dad's comment! It does look a bit like a Colgate commercial, but I love the end result! It's amazing what you can accomplish by just playing around with things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if I submit it to them, they could include it in an advertisement. :D But yes, creativity can be fun!

      Delete
  3. Nice job! And the tutorial is easy to follow. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so :3 Thanks for watching it!

      Delete
  4. Haha! Colgate colors! I have no idea how you focus on getting those stripes. Mine would probably be all squiggly lines. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nail pens are such a handy tool to help me get there as well ^.^

      Delete
  5. [ Smiles ] My friend, Olivia is a funky nail designer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! I love your nail designs, Olivia-Savannah. Nail polish is one of the few makeup things I do fairly consistently and it's always nice to 'liven things up' a bit. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can, LuAnn <3 You should definitely try these out to mix them up a bit!

      Delete
  7. I always get so happy when I see a nail art tutorial post or video from you! Your nails came out very cute! Lol your dad is so funny ;)

    I have so many tv series that I like to watch, where do I start? Survivor, The Amazing Race, Modern Family, The Middle, Awkward, The big bang theory, Better call Saul to name a few :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you really enjoy them! I try to make one monthly, but they take a lot of effort :)

      I have heard so many good things about a lot of them! I also love Modern Family myself :D

      Delete
  8. Fun...just did my nails for Easter weekend myself. I painted it pale, pale pink. I liked how you added a bit of sage green to the nail bed so it doesn't look too patriotic, not that there would be anything wrong with that. ;) I'm watching Dare Devil season 2 right now which was just released on 3/18.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people love Dare Devil although I will admit I haven't seen any of it myself yet. Pale pink for Easter sounds like its perfect for the occasion <3

      Delete
  9. Such a fun manicure! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you had a good Easter too ^.^

      Delete
  10. Well, I love your toothpaste nails. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg your dad is hilarious xD I hadn't realized that they're the Colgate colors! Your nails are amazing, as always! I'm actually painting mine right now :D although it's just a boring pale pink... I do love my boring pale pink though <3

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pale pink is a lovely colour. Not boring at all!

      Delete
  12. Lol. Your dad's comment. :) I need to paint my nails. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Colgate colours LOL. Don't worry, I didn't even think of that until you pointed it out, so it can still work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I hope not too many other people will notice :D

      Delete
  14. Yes, I suppose it is a little toothpastey but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete