Saturday, 12 March 2016

My Hoarding Catastrophe ~ Book Buying Ban Beginnings


Hey Everyone!

My Hoarding Catastrophe is a meme here that I use for my personal book haul. I know, we recently had one of these. But well, here's another one! You can never have too many books after all...


Book buying ban... active! I'm going to be going on a book buying ban until summer, I think. I need to spend my money elsewhere and save because I want to travel again, and I bought tickets to a concert which I will be mentioning more in the future... hopefully!

Physical books! 


I bought Siege and Storm as well as Ruin and Rising by Leigh Burdago because I enjoyed book one so much last month and wanted to continue buddy reading. I got it with a giftcard I won @ Crossroad Reviews. I ACCIDENTLY bought the hardcovers. Am I complaining? Nope, not me at all. Because they are gorgeous :D Also, the majority of that swag was a package I won from Crossroads Reviews again!

My book club Owls Be Reading has a recommend page where they can choose potential books of the month. They mentioned The Alchemist, spelled that way. They also mentioned The Alchemyst, spelled that way. And no one mentioned an author, so I didn't know which they meant! Instead of simply asking like a normal human being I took that as an excuse to buy both The Alchemist by Paul Coelho and The Alchemyst by Michael Scott. 

I won Alice in Wonderland on instagram from @ Newleafwriter with a brilliant necklace that comes from @ Authored Adornments. Into the Dim by Janet B Taylor was a giveaway win from Houghton Miffin. I also got Tesserae by Mathias Freese and My Sweet Vidalia by Deborah Mantella for review!





Review Copies: To be fair, after last month's haul I decided that the amount of books I had to review was ridiculous and I was going to cut back. You might have noticed because ALL my posts this month have been review after review. But guess what? The day I make the decision a bunch of approvals come through for twenty one books I requested a while ago but didn't hear back from. Oh well, I guess I will be cutting down on this number for the coming month...










It's Okay to Laugh - Nora McInerny Purmort
Please Don't Tell - Laura Tims 
Meet Me Here - Bryan Bliss
Queen of Hearts - Colleen Oakes
Unraveled - Alyson Noel
Girl Against the Universe - Paula Stokes
For This Life Only - Stacey Kade
Ask Me How I Got Here - Christine Heppermann 
This Savage Song - Victoria Schwab 
Frannie and Tru - Karen Hattrup 
Unforgivable - Amy Reed
Autofocus - Lauren Gibaldi
Down with the Shine - Kate Karyus Quinn 
Away We Go - Emil Ostrovski
Lost Stars - Lisa Berlin Davis
Traitors Angels - Anne Blankman 
Shiny Broken Pieces - Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton
The Hunt - Megan Sheperd
Out of My Mind - Lauren Sabel
Season of Fireflies - Rebecca Maizel
The Assistants - Camille Perri
The Soul Distillery - Nadine Ducca
This is all your Fault, Cassie Parker - Terra Elan McVoy
How it Feels to Fly - Kathryn Holmes
First Light - Michele Paige Holmes
The Last Time We Were Us - Leah Konen

Olivia's Question: What new books have you received or bought lately?

Olivia-Savannah x

30 comments:

  1. So many booka! This is why I like eARCs, they don't take up any physical space! This week I got My Lady Jane, Outliers, and the Crown's Game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is positive that they don't take up physical space! But sometimes that means I have no idea of how many I already have. I hope you enjoy those books! I have heard about quite a few of them already ;)

      Delete
  2. good luck with the book-buying ban! At least you seem to have quite a pile to fall back on! ;) And I don't mind if you post lots of reviews - you know I love your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I have plenty to keep me busy at the moment, so no worries there. I'm glad you like reading them :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! So many books! I also have Out of My Mind by Lauren Sabel for a book tour. Adventures in Wonderland looks like a wonderful retelling. Happy reading. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that book!

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul Olivia! Don't you just hate when you get approved for titles that have been pending forever? Thankfully, I haven't been requesting a lot of books, or I'd be loaded down with ARCs. I hope you enjoy all of these!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's like a surprise package just when you decide you don't need any more surprises xD Next month shall be tamer though :D

      Delete
  5. Holy mackerel, woman! That's a lot of books. You could start your own library! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. [ Smiles ] I wouldn't want to be in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Alchemist/Alchemyst thing made me laugh - I think that IS a sign that you have a problem!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. If that wasn't, I don't know what is XD

      Delete
  8. This is absolutely massive, Olivia. Now that I'm virtually penniless, book buying ban is taking on a new meaning. Lol. I am surprisingly easy to dissuade from going to the bookstore nowadays. I did buy Marked in Flesh this week, though and I'm still thinking about the latest from Cassandra Clare. Maybe I'll give in next week. Haha.

    Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy ALL these books. Welp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I'm really struggling already because on bookstagram I am seeing everyone loving Lady Midnight and I want it too! But I'm not going to give in this time xD

      Delete
  9. Meet me here sounds good, hope you enjoy and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been very good with my book buying lately - and by that I mean I did not buy anything. I am trying to read what I have on my shelf and what I receive for review. It does help that I am saving money for a couple of trips in the summer and autumn this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good that you are working through what you have and have yet to read. That's what I am trying to do myself as well now. I need to take a leaf out of your book.

      Delete
  11. THIS IS LEGIT BOOK HAUL GOALS.<3 I've seriously only gotten like 3 books this ENTIRE year haha. Anyway, I really loved Siege & Storm (especially the new character that is introduced!!) & I really want to read Ruin & Rising soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you're saving more money than me! I've already finished Siege and Storm which I LOVED. I still am more in love with the Darkling though <3 I can't wait to read the finale :D

      Delete
  12. Great haul this week. I definitely need to go on a buying ban, I have a huge problem when it comes to buying books. Into the Dim has such a pretty cover, I really want to read that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It being such a big problem was the reason why I need one. And Lady Midnight is already making it difficult to abide by...

      Delete
  13. Well, you got some great books for review! Good luck with your book buying ban. I try, but don't quite make it. :-)
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping I will be able to stick to it :D

      Delete
  14. I read the Grisha trilogy earlier this year and really enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series just as much :) That edition of Alice is so beautiful by the way! The necklace too is cool. You can't go wrong with an Alice quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only got one more book to go and I am SO EXCITED! I'm loving it. It's a lovely necklace; Authored Adornments makes such great products :3

      Delete