Saturday, 20 February 2016

My Hoarding Catastrophe ~ Shakespeare & Co

Hello there!

My Hoarding Catastrophe is my monthly book haul here on Olivia's Catastrophe. Today I'm going to be talking about all the fab things I got for the month of February.


Physical Books!

First of all, I got this love #CurrentlyReading mug from Evie Bookish's Society 6 store! You should definitely check it out because I love it to pieces and absolutely adore it!

I got some lovely magnetic bookmarks which I won in a giveaway from Diane @ Fictionzeal which I have already both used and added to my collection. Thanks Diane! And then I got two bookmarks just for being a member of The Young Writers Society as well, which was truly epic. 

Some books were birthday presents! I have a good friend who got me the Calvin and Hobbes so I can see why everyone loves them. And then I went to Paris recently and of course, splurged in Shakespeare and Co where my sister bought me one book as part of my present. 

Two books were for review as well. I secretly adore my copy of Marked because I've always dreamed of having an ARC that looks like well... an ARC. I'll basically be happy never receiving another one in my life now that I have this one!


Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
Dracula - Bram Stocker
Marked - Laura Williams McCaffrey (For Review)
Shylock Is My Name - Howard Jacobson (For Review)
Calvin and Hobbes - Bill Watterson 

Freebies! I decided to be a bit more lenient when it came to freebies this month. Some looked promising and one of them isn't my usual kind of book but after reading Stygian by Santino Hassell I'll try it out and see what I think of it in the end...




The Witch Hunter - Nicole R. Taylor
A Demon Bound - Debra Dunbar
Crossroads - Mary Ting 
Jaxson - Alisa Woods
Siren Spell - Cidney Swanson 
From Russia With Love - Susan May Warren 
Firefly Hollow - T.L. Haddix

For Review: As usual I got a little bit carried away... but then again, what's new?










 The Story of Kullervo - J.R.R. Tolkien 
Dressed to the Nines - A, Musquiz 
The 13th Continuum - Jennifer Brody
A Murder in Time - Julie McElwain
The Versions of Us - Laura Bernett
Gabrielle and the Swallows - Esther Dalseno 
Dissension - Adrienne Monson
The Art of Not Breathing - Sarah Alexander
No Love Allowed - Kate Evangelista
Grim Tidings - Caitlin Kittredge 
Fool Me Once - Harlan Coben 
Outrun the Moon -  Stacey Lee
Undone - John Colapinto
Fascinate - Sally Hogshead
Titans - Victoria Scott
Still Here - Lara Vapnyar
The Dead Don't Bleed - David Krugler 
The Island - Olivia Lever
The Feathered Bone - Julie Cantsell
Tell the Wind and the Fire - Sarah Rees Brennan
Radiant - M.L. Med
Darktown - Thomas Mullen
Mail Order Bride - Stacy Henrie, Kristin Holt, Annette Lynn, Sarah M. Eden, Heather B. Moore and Sian Ann Bessey
The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman - Mamen Sanchez
The Secret Language of Stones - M.J. Rose
Dissension - Stacey Berg

Olivia's Question: What books have you recently acquired or bought?

Olivia-Savannah x

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE your mug!!! I have a small but growing collection of mugs, it's an obsession hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out Evie's store in that case! Feed your addiction ;)

      Delete
  2. I wanted to request The Story of Kullervo as well (Tolkien is my hero of hcildhood) but than I learnt that it is not finished and I got second thoughts. I am very curious what you will think about it, whether it is worth reading or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise it was unfinished! I have read unfinished books before though, so I don't think I will mind too much. Thanks for the warning!

      Delete
  3. how are you going to get around to reviewing all that? ;) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know yet. I'm gonna need it!

      Delete
  4. Just an amazing book haul!! I'd be interested in reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt. I've read The Feathered Bone (interesting book); and I'll be reading Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben as well. He's my favorite author! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read The Secret History, especially after I loved her other book so much! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on The Feathered Bone. Because I knew how much you like Coben's books, that's why I requested that one!

      Delete
  5. Giiirl, you went all out. LOL. Look at this amazing haul! I don't even know where to start. I definitely like that mug and have to make a not to check out her store, and oh! That Donna Tartt book. Heavens. I need to read Goldfinch soon. Bah.

    Happy reading, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you definitely should head over to her store at some point! You need Tartt in your life, Joy. You do.

      Delete
  6. [ Laughs ] You got a reasonable amount of books for the month of February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to say reasonable? More reasonable than usual :D

      Delete
  7. I hope you enjoy all of these! I have a few of those freebies, and who can resist a ClassicB2B like Dracula. Can't wait to see what you think of The Feathered Bone. I really enjoyed that one, and my review will be up on Monday. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea where B2B came from. I just meant "classic like Dracula".

      Delete
    2. A year or two ago I claimed I was never going to read Dracula! And this year I changed my mind, ahaha. Looking forward to your review of The Feathered Bone!

      Delete
  8. Wow that's quite a lot of books! I am SUCH a book hoarder.... I'm getting better at stopping the urges though, and I'm giving more and more books to charities, schools, libraries, etc... I can't wait to read Outrun the Moon and Tell The Wind and The Fire! Happy weekend

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to be handling it and giving away a book once you've read it! I wish I could (and should) get better at controlling those urges too!

      Delete
  9. Girl, this is such a HUGE haul!! I get like 4 new books every few months lol. But anyways, I really want to read Titans and The Art of Not Breathing -- I'm excited to hear what you think of those!

    Cari @ My Addiction: Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get way too many >< Titans was something I was SO happy to receive. I've been fangirling ever since :3

      Delete
  10. That is a huge haul!! So many books, so little time!!! I am going to check out Evie's store, I have seen her bits on Instagram, may treat myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should do if you get the chance :D

      Delete
  11. You got yourself some nice books! I also bought Shylock is my Name when it came out but I still haven't read it because this dreadful reading slump that has possessed me for the past month LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've still managed to do quite a bit of reading this month! I hope you can enjoy it when you get to it as well ^.^

      Delete