Saturday, 16 January 2016

My Hoarding Catastrophe: It Wasn't Me!

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a good weekend!

My Hoarding Catastrophe is a monthly meme book haul here on Olivia's Catastrophe. 



The funny thing about this haul is that I only bought ONE book this month. Only one! I also got 0 books for Christmas, and yet I still have heaps to show you >.> Either way, I have stuck to my book buying ban which allows me to get one book a month, so I feel happy about that. And I'm secretly happy that I got books anyway. I want to shout out to Fiza_Bookaholic who I know through instagram. She takes amazing pictures so you should definitely follow her ;) She lives in the same country as me and seeing as she had some books she was unhauling, she sent them to me :3 That's why I have so many paperbacks!

Paperback books: 




Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas
Sunfail - Steven Savile
Babyville - Jane Green
Forget You - Jennifer Echols 
Black and Blue - Anna Quindlen 
Scandal in Copper Lake - Marilyn Pappano
Twilight Visitor - Real Laplaime
The One I Want - Jennifer Echols 
The Quest for Integrity - Jaswinder Singh (For Review)
Sing Sweet Nightingale - Erica Cameron
Cera's Place - Elizabeth McKenna
Close My Eyes - Sarah DiCello
Mythology of Touch - Mary Stone Dockery 
Even the Stars Look Lonesome - Maya Angelou 
A Twist of Fate - Beverly Clark 
The Color of Trouble - Dyanne Davis
Seeing Stars - Christina Jones
Aching Buttons - Mary Stone Dockery 
Vegas Bites Back - Natalie Dunbar
Fearless - Francine Pascal
The Young Writers Literary Journal 2015 
Annabeth Neverending - Leyla Kader Dahm (For Review)

Freebies! So many good ones this month DD: Couldn't resist, especially the Colleen Hoover one!



Once Gone - Blake Pierce
Kissed - Kimberly Loth 
The Way We Fall - Cassia Leo 
Never Never - Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
Before the Fall: Arrival - Ally Carter
Hollywood Enemy - MZ Kelly

Gifted! From a good friend who I shared some of my books with as well :3



Slammed - Colleen Hoover
Heart's Blood - Juliet Marillier

Giveaway Wins!


The Awakening: A Poetry Collection - Stuart Peacock (Thank you Stephanie Jane)

For Review: 2016 had too many good books coming out. So when I should have chosen... I chose them all...

 









Arrows - Melissa Gorzelanczyk
New World Rising - Jennifer Wilson
The Girl from the Savoy - Hazel Gaynor
Death in A Major - Sarah Fox
Troublemaker - Linda Howard
Sarong Party Girls - Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan
The Storm Sister - Lucinda Riley
The Telling - Alexandra Sirowy
Ascending the Boneyard - C. G. Watson
Unhooked - Lisa Maxwell
The Epidemic - Suzanne Young 
26 Kisses - Anna Michels
The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love - Sarvenaz Tash
Gemini - Sonya Mukherjee
The Regulars - Georgia Clark
Everything I Don't Remember - Jonas Hassen Khemiri
Liars and Losers Like Us - Ami Allen-Vath
Are You Here For What I'm Here For? - Brian Booker
Soulless - Jacinta Maree
The Rubber Fence - Diana Stevan 
A Secondhand Lie - Pamela Crane
The Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson
The Lost Girls - Heather Young (No Cover)
29 - Nancy Pennick 
The Rearranged Life - Annika Sharma
Faking It - Gabrielle Tozer
Everyone Brave Is Forgiven - Chris Cleave

That's it for this month!

Olivia's Question: What books have you recently acquired?

Olivia-Savannah x

58 comments:

  1. SO. MANY. BOOKS. How will you find time?! D=
    Well regardless, you have a lot of good reads there. =D Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I'm asking myself the same question xD But all I want to do lately is read, so I guess it's just a matter of choice now :P

      Delete
    2. LOL! And it's always exciting when you have so much to choose from.

      Delete
  2. Woaaaah! So many wonderful books. Unhooked was absolutely incredible and I hope you adore it as much as I did! And I hope you enjoy the new Morgan Matson book. I can't wait to see your thoughts on these books! Enjoy!

    ~ Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so glad to hear it was brilliant and am looking forward to reading it all the more :3

      Delete
  3. All of these look great! I have had to restrain myself this week. There are so many that I want, but I just don't want to be loaded down with ARCs. Can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see I have no self-restraint >.> I'm still working on that...

      Delete
  4. I don't blame you. I find myself buying books when I already have too many to read. We definitely have to limit ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed! What a fantastic book haul. I've read a book by Hazel Gaynor before and liked it, so The Girl from the Savoy should be good. I saw several others that look interesting. Happy reading! I'll be waiting to see the reviews. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you've tried the author and been able to enjoy her book. She's completely new to me but the synopsis caught my eye! I've got plenty scheduled for the end of January and all through February :D

      Delete
  6. So many the books! I've read Heart's Blood btw - it was weird, but quite enjoyable. (So weird!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good kind of weird? That is gonna be so interesting!

      Delete
    2. Yeah - it also really made me wish I could go back in time and be a scribe... but I think that's just me!

      Delete
  7. Read Slammed!!! ;) WOW That is one massive haul this month, made even more impressive by the fact you didn't buy most of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I did think you'd approve of me finally getting some Colleen Hoover books. I can't wait to try out her writing.

      Delete
  8. WOW. You had a massive haul of books this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of LOve

    ReplyDelete
  9. [ Smiles ] Hey, your parents should be proud that your are into books (You could have been into other things that they dread; thankfully you are not).

    Keep on reading and doing those book reviews that we all love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I always tell them when a new book lands on our doorstep! ^.^

      Delete
  10. Wow!!! So many books, you have a lot to read now hehe. BTW, I love the cover of The Unexpected Everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am gonna be busy! The cover is fantastic <3

      Delete
  11. Looks like you have LOTS of reading ahead of you. LOL!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great reads! I can't wait for Arrows. I hope you enjoy all your new additions!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna be reading Arrows pretty soon for a tour! Looking forward to that as well :3

      Delete
  13. So much goodness, I can't pick only just one to talk about. Can't wait to see some of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty on a roll to be coming up next ^.^

      Delete
  14. You certainly did get a big haul of books, Olivia. I tend to collect them on my Kindle these days and just bought a bunch of fellow mystery writers' novels, even though I have a ridiculous number of unread books on my Kindle already. :) Some of your picks look intriguing for either the title or cover art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter the already waiting stack of unread books, we'll always want some more. True bookworms <3 Hope you enjoy those mystery novels!

      Delete
  15. I love Ally Carter! She's one of my favorite authors. You have such an awesome collection of books for this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few of her books but have yet to try them! I am looking forward to diving into a lot of them ;)

      Delete
  16. If hoarding books is a catastrophe, it's a beautiful one. :)
    Thanks for sharing! More books to read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Forget You and Second Hand Lie sounds good, I hope you enjoy. Have a great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a book by Pamela Crane before which is why I am looking forward to second hand lie!

      Delete
  18. The only one I know about is Slammed and I didn't like that book LOL it wasn't my cup of tea due to the main characters. I found them annoying as hell but I hope you can enjoy it!
    I placed a Bookdepository order yesterday because I needed a reward after reading my whole Semantics textbook. When they arrive, I'll do a haul for sure ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah shame that you couldn't like it :( I'm looking forward to seeing what books you got!

      Delete
  19. Wow, you managed to get a lot of books without purchasing them - that's a clever way of cheating your book buying ban. '16 has some great releases so the ARCs are glorious. I've read Liars and Losers Like Us and I really loved it. And The Unexpected Everything sounds amazing. I cannot wait to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like I've developed a liking for loopholes to feel a little less guilty. I am looking forward to Liars and Losers like us!

      Delete
  20. Looks like your going to have a busy reading month in January. Some of these titles are intriguing that I feel like I definitely give them a try. Some of then also look like they could go to a Popsugar challenge. Can't wait to see those reviews rolling around soon. Good luck Beanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna be using quite a few of them for that Popsugar challenge! I will be reading like crazy <3

      Delete
  21. Epic. Epic haul, Olivia! I hope you'll enjoy these. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great haul. And in no shape or form is book hauling hoarding. They're more like gifts from heaven. You're doing much better than me. I was gifted 0 books but did win two books from a Harlquinn giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I will agree with you the sake of reducing guilt as well :3 I hope you'll enjoy those two books!

      Delete
  23. Oh my goodness! That is a ton of books! Amazing to think you only purchased one of them. That is great that you got to swap some books with people you know. I have read a few books that you were given and I am sure you will have lots of reading to keep you busy. Happy reading!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like sharing books with other people. Just because you didn't love it or don't want to keep it, doesn't mean someone else won't be able to enjoy it more!

      Delete
  24. I've been intrigued by Unhooked but at the same time, I'm afraid it's going to be like a rip-off of Never, Never... which I haven't actually read yet although I do have it on my TBR. I'm not on a book buying ban per say but I do try to limit my purchases to 2 books per month. And it is hard -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Never, Never and really LOVED that book so I hope it won't be a rip-off because that would make me so sad :( So far, so good when it comes to buying a single book a month. But I have to buy two for my school course soon...

      Delete
  25. Girl you have so many books, I don't even know where to start with my comment! Okay, first of all, The Rearranged Life is one of my favoriteeeeeeeee new adult novels. It was so damn good. I loved how diverse it was, I learned so much about the character's culture, and girl they were in college and education was actually a THING lol. Going to class, studying, keeping their grades up was a THING. Normally they're in school, but too damn worried about their crush haha. So, so good. I really liked Never, Never, I just have to pick up Part 2 and 3, omg please let me know what you think about New World Rising! I'm so excited to read that one! I'm also hoping to get Gemini, The Unexpected Everything, and The Geek's Guide To Unrequited Love! Nice haul girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I can't wait to read the Rearranged Life. I have read another NA where it is about culture and all and it was perfect. One of my favourite NA's ever so I can't wait to have that one to love as well. Can't wait to finally read a Colleen Hoover book. I'm currently reading New World Rising and loving it! My review should be sometimes next week. Hope you get those ones too <3

      Delete
  26. Wow what a great collection!! I love that you have Never Never, it's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your review for it, and now I'm all the more excited!

      Delete
  27. That is a lot of books!! Especially good as you have your ban in place!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like either way I always end up with books!

      Delete
  28. So many books! I'm keen to get my hands on Sarong Party Girls and the The Girl From The Savoy. And so excited to see my book The Regulars made its way to you! I hope you like! Happy reading xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I can't wait to read your book and review it. Hope you can get your hands on those books soon!

      Delete