Saturday, 5 December 2015

Olivia Snaps ~ Books, Books & More Books!


Good morning! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I have an Olivia Snaps post for you today, which is going to be filled with book themed photographs I have taken and likely edited as well. I think all of these have been posted on my instagram before, so if you want to see my pictures sooner you should definitely connect with me there as well. 

I just wanted to say a quick thank you for 2000 followers on Pinterest! I would love to run a giveaway but I have a Christmas hop coming up pretty soon and am busy buying presents so a bit short on funds. But THANK YOU!

But just before I get started you should go check out my guest post over at Fictionzeal! I have been following her blog for about two years now, and Diane is such a lovely, loyal and mystery loving woman! Go show her some love :3



Here come the images!





I took this picture of the 5 books 5 category tag! You had to choose a book you originally knew nothing about (The Blessed by Tonya Hurley), a book no one else has heard of (Reapers by Bryan Davis), an anticipated sequel (A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray), a book everyone loves (Cinder by Marissa Meyer) and your current read, which at the time was All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. 


This photograph was for the bookish wave tag. Sometimes I have some really cool photo ideas and then they never turn out how I want them to because they simply don't 'work' when attempted in real life. This is one of those ideas that actually did work, which made me happy. It's my most popular photo on instagram and took me the most time! (I have no idea why I decided to build the wave on stairs, of all things. If it toppled over it would fall from the top floor to the bottom floor. Thank goodness it didn't.)


This one was for the rainbow book tag! I also really love nailpolish, so putting books and nailpolish together just had to happen! A funny little thing is that this photograph was actually taken on a white desk with a very pale pink wall. It just looks so pink (which suits the photograph) because of the way the light was coming in the window and the pink book on the bottom reflecting a little.


Finally, a photo which wasn't tag inspired! This was another one of those ideas which actually worked out for me in the end when I tried to make it happen. I really liked the results. It's all my black spined books, even if you can't see the spines!


This last one here isn't even of my own books! I was at a friends house and we both love Percy Jackson, so I was admiring her covers which are different from my own. She's missing one from her collection but she let me take a quick snap on her carpet!

My latest video! I FINALLY read Aristotle and Dante discover the Secrets of the Universe! Come see my thoughts: 


Olivia's Question: Do you ever have ideas which just don't work out the way you want them to when they leave your mind?

Olivia-Savannah x

34 comments:

  1. I always do! And vice versa. Great pics, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images, especially the book stack. :) Also, thanks for the mention. All the best to you!
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserved a mention! Thanks so much for featuring me x

      Delete
  3. The book wave is impressive and I would have destroyed my books doing that. I'm so clumsy I'm pretty sure I won't even make it to the "first wave" hahaha and my ideas never work most of the time and so I don't try them and I go the easy way and do the things I know will work. I'm a natural at being a conformist which is not really something good but that's the way I am lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could do it! I know the feeling of not having ideas work out because mine never really do except for a very few cases! It's good that you can adapt though ;)

      Delete
  4. Ideas that don't work out the way I want them too? Alllll the time ;) Regarding work, but mostly, regarding nails ;)
    Really love your rainbow pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always happens to me! I thought you would like that one ;)

      Delete
  5. These are great! You have me wanting to do some bookish pics. The wave is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should experiment and try it out! I was unsure at first but it turned out being a lot more fun than I expected.

      Delete
  6. That rainbow book-nail color idea is a great idea for a picture! Book waves <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, these pictures are so beautiful! The bookish wave photo is so cool - I attempted that on my Instagram account, but it definitely didn't work out like yours did. Thank-you for sharing these, Olivia - I'll give your Instagram a follow :D

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure yours looks wonderful though! I will have to check yours out as well :3

      Delete
  8. LOVE the pictures! The wave one is SO impressive! And I enjoy that you used nail polish with the rainbow one. I am a big fan of nail polish myself :D Thanks for sharing these- even though I do follow you on Instagram, I always miss stuff!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like them <3 I love nail polish too so I had to include it with my other favourite thing to keep me busy :3

      Delete
  9. I love your photos!! The zigzag one is AAAMAZING (and so tall omg well done for balancing that) and the nailpolish one looks so so professional. XD I have photography ideas that don't work all. the. time. Argh. And I never know what I'm doing wrong. Also I photograph a lot of library books and they have these awful shiny plastic covers which horribly reflect the light and gAH. Drive me nuts. XD But it's fun being an aspiring photographer, right!?? I love bookstagram so so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cait <3 Photographing things is so much fun! But the struggle must be real with wrapped books DD: You do manage to take some awesome photographs though <3

      Delete
  10. This is a really cool post. I loved looking at the different pictures. My favorites were the wave and the nail polish. I'm considering starting my own bookstagram, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it cool or if I would just be lame, but this post inspired me a little haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you could do it <3 You've already got one guaranteed follower here if you do choose to do so!

      Delete
  11. Awesome post! I love the book wave and think it is cool that your idea worked! I have the same Percy Jackson covers on my books. :) Always fun to see different book covers. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to see the different editions. For some reason I hadn't seen those ones before!

      Delete
  12. I love your book snaps, especially the wave one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That book wave - so cool! I'm not surprised it's a popular one on Insta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelica <3 Many people like that one most!

      Delete
  14. I didn't realize you were on Pintrest! (I'm so addicted to that site!) I love your bookish wave photograph and I'm so stealing that 5 books you knew nothing about tag! Percy Jackson is a great series! I can't believe I waited until last year to finally read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha yes! I'm basically everywhere muhahaha! ;) Yes, you should do that tag! It's so fun :3

      Delete
  15. I love the picture that is completely filled with covers of books!

    I'm glad you enjoyed Aristotle & Dante. Most young adult books that I read are fantasy or sci-fi, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one! Like you say, it is not a fast paced book, but I thought the writing was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^.^ It was outside of my usual genre as well, and it turned out to be pretty great!

      Delete