Thursday, 26 November 2015

How to be a Fangirl 101

Hey there everyone!

I have been meaning to make a post like this for ages. Simply because I love fangirling. The best thing about the book blog community is that we are basically all fangirls (or fanboys) of books and love reading and consuming them constantly. But there are some other things that I am a fan of, such as movies and so on. I wanted to share some of the fangirl things I have obtained over the years (please note the years. I'm not actually this rich and can't really afford all these fangirling stuffs). I might leave a phew links to where I found them as well! 

If you wanted to rename this blog post, it would also be okay to call it: What years of scrolling Pinterest has accumulated into.

Are you a lover of movies? Sure, we all buy the DVD, but what about the Soundtrack?

I love watching movies, especially musicals. I do a few movie reviews on this blog but not nearly enough to keep up with all the movies I watch! I love getting the soundtrack because it means that even when I am working and focusing on something else, I can relive bits of the movie through the music. My Dreamgirls and Thor: The Dark World soundtracks testify to it! (Check to see if the soundtrack has words first. I do love my instrumentals, but not everyone does.)

At some point I got a Thor hammer necklace off of Etsy as well. I like it because it says 'Whoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy shall possess the power of... Thor'.



Posters! Hang your fangirlness on the wall. 

My parents had a big problem with posters for a long time and didn't want us to have any. Instead my walls were covered with paintings, childhood crafts and photographs. Although I still do have all these things, now I have two posters as well. I would leave links but both of these posters were in fact, freebies. The Antman one (which I kept because it was more so an Ironman one) was a freebie from the cinema when we went to the Antman premiere. Also, the Batman one came as part of a comic. So yes, you can buy posters but by chance you might end up getting a couple of freebies!



Be crafty! Or find crafty best friends

I am a HUGE Doctor Who fan. I've grown up watching the show and Tennant is my all time favourite. But you don't have to go all out and buy things to be a fangirl! Sometimes you might be blessed with a wonderful crafty talent. Or your friends may be so blessed. These three things below were actually made by some of my best friends who I love like crazy :) One of them made the mini-TARDIS out of cardboard and paper as a secret santa wrapping which I was never ever going to chuck away. And for my 16th birthday earlier this year, they each made me a Doctor Who themed pillow. One of them is a TARDIS and the other is David Tennant. It made me SO happy! Who else gets to claim they cuddle with Ten every night?



Wear it!

Like you've already seen with the Thor necklace, jewelry is a great way to also showcase your dedication. I have some TARDIS earrings which I got when I started blogging all the way back in this post. I've made a few fangirl friends just by seeing their fandom jewelry and making a little compliment comment. 



Another way of wearing it is through t-shirts. A lot of people have cool shirts of their favourite bands which is something I haven't done yet! But I do have this Minho maze runner shirt which I got again, for my birthday. It is the actor of Minho (my favourite character) who is made up from lines which include him of the book. I thought that was pretty cool. 


Baggin' it. 

Bags are another way of doing this. I can't link the reading one because it was really cheap from my local bookstore. And the Monsters Inc one was basically the cheapest thing in the Disneyland Paris Giftshop. That place was so expensive and I need cheap things, okay?  But I know a lot of merchandise online shops like Redbubble and Etsy do bags like these!


But ultimately? The only thing you really need to do to be a fangirl is to scream and flail every time someone mentions your fandom. And proceed to talk about it endlessly. 

Olivia's Question: What are your fandoms?

Olivia-Savannah x

26 comments:

  1. Love this!! I am so ridiculous about buying ALL the Hunger Games stuff. I seriously have a problem! I have the DVDs of course, and yes, the soundtracks. Blankets, framed posters, unframed posters, stickers, pins, postcards, magnets,a box of mints (true story), bags, a Kindle case, 4/7 Funko Pops, a mouse pad, laptop skin, clock, nail polish, notebooks, every magazine ever made, jewelry (mostly gifts because I don;t really wear jewelry), bookends, mugs, a wine glass.. seriously, I have a problem! And I NEED a Mockingjay tattoo- that will be my ultimate fangirl ridiculousness ;)

    And NOW, I have found Evie Seo's Society6 shop and I am obsessed with buying quotes from all the books I have ever liked! Very fun post, Olivia!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to your blog and seen some of that Hunger Games stuff and there is a lot! Basically, everything you have mentioned O.o But if you love it, then you love it and there is nothing you can do about it xD I will be checking out that shop now because it sounds so cool DD:

      Delete
  2. I love nerdy apparel and accessories! I haven't few bookish posters but I have no idea what to do with them! I need a Nerd Room in my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta find some place to display them! I bet they will look wonderful ;)

      Delete
  3. I am not much of a soundtrack person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a shame, but it isn't something that works for everyone!

      Delete
  4. I haven't purchased any book/movie merchandise since March, but I'm gearing up again for movies next year. I've won lots of book related merchandise this year as well. Hmmm, maybe I should start putting them in my weekly posts. I love soundtracks as well! I have the Dreamgirls ST as well. The last ST I purchased was Rock of Ages. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some last month, but it actually isn't something I do too often! But winning is always a good thing too. It would be cool to see them in your weekly posts! Dreamgirls is so good as a soundtrack and a movie!

      Delete
  5. Amazing post! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Irene! Going to go over and check yours out now.

      Delete
  6. I'm so in love with the Ant-Man poster and the Minho shirt!!! And of course the Thor necklace! You have a really cool collection of fangirl items ;) I also own a few soundtracks to movies, sometimes they're just too good to not own! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, soundtracks are so epic! I hope you get the Thor necklace for yourself as well!

      Delete
  7. This is an amazing post! I'm dying over that Thor's hammer necklace... and yes, to soundtracks! I listen to them all the time, especially the instrumental ones. Have you listened to the Age of Ultron one? It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard it yet but I am going to go and check it out now! I just love soundtracks <3

      Delete
  8. I love LOVE soundtracks. I have the Hunger Games soundtracks and they are so incredible. Ooh and I'm starting to become really obsessed with fan apparel. I have Pokemon socks, a WWE necklace, and I actually just bought a Jurassic Park shirt today (!!) <3 And posters are awesome too. I have Arrow, TFIOS, Divergent, and THG posters hung up.

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should really get the Hunger Games one at some point! Those sound so cool <3 Your room must look epic ;)

      Delete
  9. I'm totally fangirling over the Doctor Who stuff! Much much love for it! :D ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like the Doctor Who things!

      Delete
  10. I like your pics. The 'Eat Sleep Read Repeat' shirt is cool. I guess other than books, I love anything nautical especially lighthouses. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nautical is such a cool thing to love! I should do a nail design based on the nautical side of things.

      Delete
  11. My sister is a big fan of Doctor Who so I know she would die if she saw this post hahahaha I simply adore that Thor's hammer necklace! Etsy is a dark place when it comes to fangirling. I do own too many Harry Potter stuff lol and I need that So Many Books, So Little Time necklace in my life. I do was in a lot of fandoms but I will always be a Potterhead. I guess I'm also obsessed with Marvel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doctor Who is a show I have and will always love <3 So of course I collect a lot from it! I know what you mean xD So many different things you can get from Etsy! Potterheads are everywhere!

      Delete
  12. I love this post!! I fangirl about a lot of things and here are just a few things that are on my desk: a Princess Peach figurine. an Om Nom full of candy and Twilight Sparkle. I just now realize that my desk might seem pretty childish. But, hey, I love My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and I just turned 24 last week. Oh, and for my birthday I went to see Mockingjay wearing a Mockingjay necklace, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Princess Peach <3 She will forever be my favourite Mario Character and every time I play Mario I am her :3 Who cares about age? We all have our nerdy things and we love them no matter how old they make us look <3

      Delete
  13. I have a big collection of movie soundtracks. Love them!

    ReplyDelete