This is the very first time I am hosting this meme on my blog! For Crafty and Cooking Messes I try (I really do mean try... I am not the best chef or baker) to cook up something nice, and share the recipe with you all once I have finished!
This made five pies for me.
3 Granny Smith Apples
Pre-made pie crust (I have no idea how to make pie crust so I just bought it ready made. But feel free to make your own!)
Lemon Juice (100 ml)
Soft caramels (or hardened fudge)
2 teaspoons of plain flour
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
Sugar (100 grams)
1. Peel the apples and then dice them small!
4. If necessary, cut the soft caramels into smaller pieces. I put about three cubes in each pie, and try to place them at the center (where the slits at the top of the pie will go.)
5. Crack the egg and then brush it along the edges of the pie. It makes it easier for the top to stick to the bottom pie layer. Then put the top on and press in the edges with a fork. Also, make three slits at the top.
6. Brush the entire pie with egg yolk (it makes it turn a nice shade of brown.
7. Put the pies in the oven for about 15 minutes, at 220 degrees C. Bake until they are golden brown.
8. Bon appetite!
Olivia's Question: Are you crazy for apple desserts like me?