Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Life Update - Sailing, London, Family and way too much Food!

Good morning everyone!

Before I start blogging about books and the like I wanted to tell you about how the first half of my summer went!

It started off with Sailing Camp with school. I can't share too many pictures of that because I have friends in a lot of them and I don't want to share anything they wouldn't want to have up. But after four days, I learned I am not about the sailing life. I get motion sick so it wasn't surprising I feel a bit queasy on a boat (not too bad though, thank goodness.) And when we weren't sailing we were doing lots of other fun activities and I was able to enjoy that a lot, so it was still fun. :D



Then we were off to London, my home city! It was great to be there. I got to spend a lot of time with my cousins, and other extended family. One of my grandmother's lives in Jamaica so we don't get to see her often. She was there, which was nice. And I saw my grandfather who is seriously ill at the moment, so it was good to go and visit him too.


Those are some of my youngest cousins. One of my older cousins also got married! (I have a very large extended family :P) I loved being at the wedding and it was a wonderful ceremony - definitely one of the best weddings I have ever been to. My oldest sister also graduated from university and soon starts her job as a nursing assistant in a cardiology unit, so we were over in Wales for her ceremony!

Had some sister time as well when me, one of my older sisters and my younger sister went into Central London and went to a museum! 


It was all about culture, and there was an exhibition about death as well. Although that was a serious and a bit of a saddening bit, there were some more light hearted art pieces as well. I managed to find one which is probably going to be the way I might end up as well...


As always when I go to England I eat a whole lot of the foods you can only get in England and not where I currently live. So we had Nandos which is the best, and I ate a lot of dried mango (heaven!). Cinnamon and sugar pretzels, Quaver crisps and MaccyD breakfasts are only a few of the things I ate and loved. 




Surprisingly I was in the country for a week and a half and didn't go into a single bookshop and I didn't buy a book! Maybe I was being good. Maybe my family were always with me and refused to let me into a single bookshop because 'I already have too many books to read'. Maybe...

I did do a lot of reading though. You'll be hearing about those books soon! And we saw the movie Antman, which you'll hear more about later. 

Olivia's Question: What have you been up to this summer?

Olivia-Savannah x

40 comments:

  1. Wow! Sailing and all that yummy food...you are having a great summer indeed! Meeting your family is the icing on the cake.

    Love Priya

    MyFashionFixes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been a fab summer so far :3

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures, Olivia! Looks so much fun! I've never heard of "Sailing Camp" before. Sounds cool and freaky at the same time. Well for me, at least, I love the sea, but I can't swim sooooo... lol. Enjoy!!! :)

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something my school hosts yearly. Oh wow, you should learn to swim! It's so much fun :D But the sea is pretty awesome.

      Delete
  3. Your summer is awesome so far! Sailing camp? How cool is that!! Although I am sorry for your motion sickness. And it's always nice to see family - that's what I am about to do in August and I come from a large extended family too. It's crazy, but also fun - especially holidays!

    Andreea Catsfika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really cool experience, but I am still glad I went in the end! I love my family and it was fab seeing them <3 I hope you enjoy your visit as well!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Olivia - Looks like you were having a grand time. Sorry that you felt seasick, but the pictures of the boat on the water look lovely to me. Who's the 'book haul person'? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would've loved to go swimming there (and I did swim a little bit when we went on the mini boats and it was easier to capsize). The person under all the books? Ah, he isn't real, simply just a part of the exhibition!

      Delete
  6. Nothing beats a Nandos! Glad that you are enjoying London, it's awesome right? Sorry about the sea sickness, boats make me a bit icky too!!
    Naomi@The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nandos is my love <3 I love it back home and I was so happy to visit again!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a great summer! Sailing must have been fun (even though you got queasy). I think it will be nice having a large family (mine is really small, I just have four cousins!) and weddings are always great!
    Such yummy food!
    Glad you had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely having a good time. It was good to experience it even if I am not the most stable on a boat. I wonder what it would be like to have a smaller family as well, sometimes.

      Delete
  8. Sailing camp?! Awesome! And it's good that you got to spend so much time with family :) Good to hear that you've been having a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lothwen! It has been a good time so far ^^

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! Sailing seems such a posh thing to do! :) Oh and I told my husband to take a picture of me buried in books like that dude. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha it sort of does xD You know I wouldn't mind having a picture like that as well.

      Delete
  10. Ermagerd! It looks like you had an amazing time! I love this post! <3

    I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award

    http://just--that--girl.blogspot.co.nz/2015/08/the-blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun ^^ Thanks for the nomination <3

      Delete
  11. It looks like you've had an amazing time in London with your family and relatives. It must be great to have such a huge family. I remember spending some time in Holland visiting family when I was a kid and I had the greatest time. Best thing was the food! Enjoy the rest of the summer and can't wait to read your review on Antman. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, family is something really special and when you live abroad and away from them, it always makes going back all the more special.

      Delete
  12. Looks like an amazing time spent with people you love. I want to go to London! It is one of my places to visit before I die. I just want to travel, period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get to do! And travel as well - there are just so many things to go see in this world.

      Delete
  13. You have been quite busy. I have a problem with motion sickness too, so I can relate to your problems with being on the water. My motion sickness is so bad that it hits me sometimes when riding in a car, plane, or bus. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like I am not alone in that motion sickness. It can be quite annoying sometimes ><

      Delete
  14. Nice pictures Olivia! I've always wanted to try sailing and I've always wanted to go to London! ♥ You have cute cousins!!!! Oh and the foooood! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! It was such a good time. And I <3 my cousins; I miss them already!

      Delete
  15. Seems like you had a great summer! So happy for you.. and I def. envy you girl!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a really good time! Hope you are also having a good summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a good time! I really want to visit London, it seems like an amazing place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice! I hope you get to go at some point ^^

      Delete
  18. I also get motion sick and is the worst ever! Last summer I was in a boat in Malaga and I swear to god I wanted to just jump out of it so it would be over. Nothing helped! And LOL to that exhibition. I think basically that's gonna be the end for most bookworms but then again, I don't think is the most horrible way to die. I would be happy about it hahahaha
    I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Ant-man, I really wanna see it but I'm getting a little tired of all these Marvel movies that you basically have to see in order to understand the others because they are all gonna be linked up at the end and it's exhausting (I remember watching Avengers 2 and because I hadn't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, I didn't understand the whole thing about the stones. It was very frustrating to be honest)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that definitely sounds like worse motion sickness than I have! I am sorry that you had to go through that DD: I think I have to agree with you on going out like that :P I also saw Avengers 2 before Guardians of the Galaxy! I understood, but you're right it was more helpful if I had seen that one first. I do think Marvel should slow down a bit...

      Delete
  19. You are so good not buying any books, I would be screaming to be let in to the bookshop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I can assure you, it wasn't easy!

      Delete
  20. Sugar pretzel! I love those. Nandos is also a nice restaurant. They have the best chicken. I currently live in London and yes the food is amazing. There's so many good thing, you can easily pack on the pounds. Anyway, I'm glad you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always love those <3 Nandos is a family faourite as well.

      Delete
  21. A sailing camp sounds cool! It always nice to go home and you look like you had a lot of fun visiting friends and getting your eat on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toya, it was a really grand time :)

      Delete