Saturday, 4 July 2015

Liebster Award Tag #3!

Hello there, readers!

Today I have the Liebster award tag for you! I’ve actually done this one already twice, here and here, but seeing as the questions are always different I will answer them regardless of not really being eligible for this prize anymore. I was nominated by the wonderful girls @ My Addiction: Books. I was nominated by some other people too (thank you!) but I have opted to go with these questions.

The Rules!

Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions asked
Nominate at least 3 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Ask them 11 new questions

Here come the questions!

Have you ever read a book that changed your life or deeply affected you? Which book?

Hm, this is a difficult question. I think Out of My Mind by Sharon M Draper really made me understand some more physical disabilities and the difficulty of living with one. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini was another one I couldn’t stop thinking about days after I’d finished it, which rarely happens to me.

If you had to give up all your books except for one, which one would you pick?

This is a mean question! I would keep Fear by Michael Grant. It’s all lies. I would hide my stash and pretended that I only had one.

How long does it take you to write a review?

Twenty minutes at a max! I already have all the notes of things I need to mention, and I am a pretty fast typer, so once I start I finish pretty soon afterwards as well.

What is your least favorite book and why?

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I have no idea how some people can love this book. So many things were wrong with it!

*goes off into rant mode*

Firstly, why on earth tell a love story from the point of view of the maid? Did she just happen to know everything about their love life? Isn’t that weird? And also, why did the author reuse the names! I was so confused by the first Catherine, the second one and don’t get me started on the other names that were repeated… so confusing. Lastly, I felt like the romance issue wasn’t an issue but that she made it out to be one! Couldn’t she have simply been like, oh, we come from different backgrounds but I don’t care and then be done with it all? If she decided she didn’t want him, then it’s her problem and she should deal with it. That girl really wasn’t one to go against conformity…

In a perfect world, what mistake would authors avoid?

There would be no such thing as insta love. Please. No more.

What book character can you most relate to and why?

I think it would be Summer from Summer’s Dream by Cathy Cassidy. Summer is a perfectionist, and really wants to be the best at everything she does. Which is why she sometimes puts herself under unnecessary amounts of pressure and says yes to doing everything. I can be like that a bit too :3

What are your favorite and least favorite genres?

Favourite genre would have to be YA and fantasy, seeing as it is what I read the most of. Least favourite would be non-fiction. Mostly I find it boring.

What is your favorite part of blogging?

I love everything about blogging! But my favourite would be putting my own posts out there because I really feel like this blog is my piece of internet and I can do whatever I want with it! What falls under that is going to see what other people call their pieces of internet and reading it too :)



Do you prefer a female or male POV?

I don’t mind really, as long as the story is written well!

What's your biggest book-related pet peeve?

I wouldn’t say it was my biggest, but one thing I have noticed is that I really don’t like it when the font is horrible. It’s really off putting and seems mean to my eyes!

That’s all! Here are my eleven questions (yes, I stole some)

1.      Do you prefer a male or female character POV?
2.      What is your favourite and least favourite thing about blogging?
3.      If there was one author you could meet, who would it be?
4.      How do you choose what you are going to read next?
5.      What is one thing you can’t stand in a romance?
6.      What’s your favourite song?
7.      Which blogger would you consider to be your closest friend?
8.      Why did you start blogging?
9.      What is your favourite social media site to use?
10.   Which country/fictional world would you visit if you could?
11.   Which book would you like to toss into the flames?

I nominate:

New Video! I know it is late, but here is the video version of my June Book Haul!


Olivia’s Question: Which book would you like to toss into the flames?

Olivia-Savannah x

31 comments:

  1. I wish I could write reviews under 20 mins -_- I usually end up spending a couple of hours on mine O_O

    Also I agree with you: INSTA LOVE HAS TO DIE!!!!

    It was fun reading your answers Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, a couple of hours is quite a while! But it can take a lot of mind-debating I suppose. Thanks for commenting Soudha <3

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't give my books away as well. They could try to take them away from me but it would be a futile intent lol
    I wish I could write my reviews under 20 minutes... honestly, that would save me a lot of time and headaches hahahaha I tend to spend a few hours. I keep changing stuff all the time and yes please, no more insta-love. Insta-love is a plague that need to be eradicated (dramatic much? hahahaha)
    And there are quite a few books I would toss into the flames but most likely 50 Shades of Grey.... that trilogy is a disgrace to literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. No one taking away our beloved books <3 Perfectionism can be a hard thing to handle when it comes to reviews! Insta love is one of my biggest turn offs. I haven't tried that one yet! I don't know if I ever would... though...

      Delete
  3. Oh dear! Reviews in under 20 minutes?? That's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I write pretty fast and make sure I have everything I want to say in my mind beforehand!

      Delete
  4. I take notes when I read, but even still I can't seem to get them completed within 20 minutes. I must read over the thing about 100 times before it's done. :) Also, just wanted to add my pet peeve -- authors who don't END the story. I hate hangers.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The notes really do help me when it comes to writing the reviews! Perfectionism can also take some time. Yes, I know a lot of people don't like cliffhangers. Personally, I don't mind but I do understand why others hate them!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the nomination. I think this is the second time this award has come through my blog. I love it, but I'll have to pass on participating right now. Life just threw another curve ball my way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's understandable! I hope life eases up for you soon, Lekeisha. x

      Delete
  6. I hate insta love so much too. It is like some authors are asking me to throw their book across the room in frustation whenever there is insta love!
    Naomi@The Perks Of Being A Bookworm


    ReplyDelete
  7. I just followed you on YouTube :) And I don't think you're the only one who didn't enjoy Wuthering Heights...I remember an author mentioning that she didn't enjoy it either. I've never read it though so I can't really share my two cents. And for you to write a review for 20 minutes is impressive! I wish I can be like that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I subscribed back and saw your video -- it was a great first one! A lot of people seem to love it, which completely puzzles me. But oh well, good to know I am not alone in that retrospect!

      Delete
  8. I'd love if insta-love didn't exist. It would make reading so much more pleasant! I am super impressed that you can write a review in 20 minutes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it would improve the quality of a lot of books.

      Delete
  9. OH yeah, I totally hated Wuthering Heights and had no idea why it was such a favorite! Fun post, congrats on the Liebster award, I got it one time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO glad you feel the same one! I love sharing the same opinion with others when it is unpopular.

      Delete
  10. 20 mins to write a review? Wow! It literally takes me days lol. And I hate insta-love too. I wouldn't get so frustrated with books if it didn't exist! Nice answers =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like I am pretty fast at this! I am glad you feel the same <3

      Delete
  11. Yoo-hoo! Thanks for tagging me boo! I can't wait to do it <3 And you and I have that in common where I'll only take like 20 minutes or so to do a review. That's because we are filled with all kinds of awesome sauce! <3 Andddd, *glares at instalove* I SO AGREE OLIVIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad there is someone like me! *high fives* Looking forward to seeing your answers up!

      Delete
  12. Congrats and those are some brilliant answers, Olivia. Good Luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! You know I've read Wuthering Heights but didn't like it either. But that was mostly because I was too young to understand what was going on. Still I'd like to give it another reread but one bad reading experience is enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you will like it more when you reread it, maybe not. Just don't go in with too high of expectations!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for nominating me! Here is my post: http://bluebooksandbutterflies.blogspot.com/2015/07/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I read Wuthering Heights in high school, but haven't read it again since. I remember the basics about it- but your comments had me laughing. The book I liked the least in my life was by far Moby Dick. I tried to get through it 3 separate times and it was just awful (to me). The writing was repetitive and WAY too descriptive. Ugh.

    Like you, Out of My Mind and The Kite Runner really had me thinking for days.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I am glad you were entertained! I have never read Moby Dick but I shall be wary when I am trying. It seems like we have a similar taste in books <3

      Delete