Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Now You See Me (Movie Review)

Hallo!
 
I’m here to tell you about a movie called ‘Now You See Me,’ released in 2013. There is going to be a sequel, but it isn’t out yet. And this is movie is a rated a 12 plus. The theme was something different: magic. Four magicians each answer a mysterious calling to a random address. They each specialize in a different section of magic. One is a mind reader, another a escape artist and so on. At a performance they appear to have really robbed a bank in what was supposed to be a magic trick. This then brings them to the attention of the police, and an agent is set on their case. This is difficult for the agents to solve alone because of the illusionist attributes to the case, so they call in a man who is familiar with foiling magic shows – Thaddeus Bradley. This results in a strange investigation where the magic can always trick you and the motto of the film is brought to light: the closer you look, the less you see.


This movie stars a lot of familiar actors as well. There are some big names like Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Isla Fisher [Confessions of a Shopaholic], Woody Harrelson [Haymitch, Hunger Games] and Mark Ruffalo [The Hulk]. I really like Isla Fisher as an actress, and although I haven’t seen many of her movies I always love her talent. Of course, it was just as spectacular in this movie too.


My favourite scene in the movie had to be the fighting scene between Dave Franco and Mark Ruffalo. I mean, who doesn’t like a good fistfight? And when you add magic in there it becomes slightly bizarre and all the more the interesting in my opinion. For me, that was my favourite bit I suppose. I also liked the beginning of the film where each of the four magicians showcased their talent. It was intriguing, and in some cases even funny. The special effects in the film were of course splendid, they had to be for us to believe in the magic ^^


The ending of the film was very colourful, and used special effects the most. And of course, the moment when the mystery is revealed and everyone goes oh! I was pleased to say I was able to guess some of the solutions to the problem, but it wasn’t predictable at all for the most part.

It was directed by Lois Leterrier who has directed other films like: The Incredible Hulk and Clash of the Titans. It runs for five minutes under two hours, but the extended version runs for ten extra minutes. I would rate this film four out of five, it’s pretty good!

New video! Book hauling time :D




Olivia’s Question: Do you believe in magic?


Olivia-Savannah x

30 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia - I hadn't heard of this movie but I'm pretty sure I'd like it because I really like most of the actors in it.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The casting they have here is great.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is one of my favorite movies, I love this movie because of it's complex plot. Nice review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you liked it! There is a lot to the plot.

      Delete
  3. Puttin' it on My List here. Sounds involving. A nod to ya & Thanks for the review O-S!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you've seen it! You're welcome, and I will go check out your blog now!

      Delete
  4. I've heard about this movie and both my sisters have seen it and thought it was great but I've never watched it myself. And I would love to believe in magic, but unfortunately real magic doesn't exist :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do try it out yourself, especially as the family liked it. I am someone who believes in miracles, but not magic.

      Delete
  5. Hi Olivia,
    I have never heard of this movie but it sounds most unusual. I've always found the things that magicians can do incredible. From your review, the movie appears to be mix of action & magic. Quite unique. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have never sat through a magician's show but the results are always impressive.

      Delete
  6. I saw this movie a while back, I thought it was really good especially with the magic in the robbery. Lovely review Olivia <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear you liked it! It was a nice combination of effects.

      Delete
  7. I like the movie too. My favorite scene was the piranha tank trick in the beginning. And I've heard about the sequel too. But what I'm curious about is the supposed additional scene at the end of the movie where the four horseman are trying to reach the place of that secret magic society. Is there really such a scene of is it a myth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that scene! Personally that actress is in my good books as well, so I am happy with that! I am not sure about what was going on there and ultimately that secret scene left me confused >.> I hope the sequel will solve some issues there.

      Delete
  8. I don't believe in magic, but I always love seeing people perform it! I especially liked the twist at the end of the movie, glad you enjoyed it~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like you did as well! I should try and see a magic performance one day from the sounds of things.

      Delete
  9. The fighting scene sounds well done, we have such a long list of movies to get to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! All the great movies and books out there and not enough time :o

      Delete
  10. I've seen this movie a few times. I think every time it's on, I make it a point to watch it. I thought it was quite brill. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good that you were able to enjoy it so much. I think I will try rewatching this one soon.

      Delete
  11. I saw this one the year it came out and I thought it was really well done and very interesting. It got my heart pumping in spots too when it got really intense. I'm hoping they do make that sequel. :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad you were able to like it because of the suspense! I would be intrigued to know what the sequel would center around.

      Delete
  12. I only glanced over your post to see if you liked the movie, because if you would like it, I would want to see it and I want to be surprised! Since you like it, I must watch it soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you do ^.^

      Delete
  13. I seem to remember hearing about this one, but I never saw it. I am so glad I read your review because it sounds like a good movie. I haven't seen very many movies that involve this type of magic. I like to think that magic exists. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you do like believing some magic in there, you would like the unique way in which this movie handles it :)

      Delete
  14. I remember seeing this movie in the cinema and being absolutely wowed by it! I loved the magic aspect of it and the storyline was really cool. And just seeing it on the big screen was.. really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear you were able to love it! And I think seeing it in the cinema would be pretty cool. This is just that kind of movie.

      Delete