Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Life Update - Switzerland, Concerts, Authors and Easter!

Morning everyone!

Today I wanted to break away from the usual kind of post to update you with everything that went on personally for me for March. Basically, when I was trudging through school in February I simply was looking ahead to all the good things that would be happening later on in the month. And boy was it worth it! I managed to do a lot of fun things, and some important ones too which I want to share with you.

Switzerland: I went to Switzerland for the first time for three days! I was there with the basketball team. We didn't get to do much sight seeing, but it was a lot of fun playing basketball, as it always is. And so good to connect with the girls on the team! We managed to wind up being third place in the tournament, and I even won a trophy for being selected for the dream team - one of the top five players of the tournament! I was super surprised and happy :) Oh, and as well as that I have a friend who moved to Switzerland a few years ago and I was glad to meet up with her again. We also went to Fiba, the House of Basketball. I was impressed with everything they had in there. It was even the place where all the Olympic torches, from the oldest to the latest are stored! It was so cool to see them all together.

 
 
Nicki Minaj Concert: The day after I got back from Switzerland, I was given my final birthday present from my friends. And that was a ticket to a Nicki Minaj concert! I was dead tired, and after missing two days of school for basketball, being bruised, sore and ready to snooze for the rest of my life, I spent hours screaming and rapping along with my all time favourite rapper. The concert was AHMAZING. Needless to say I didn't snap too many pictures because I was far too busy having the time of my life with my best friend. Treyz Songs was the opening act as well, which made it a whole lot better.
 
Sadly while we were there some people decided to pick on me because I was apparently taking up too much "space". Which was funny because since we were at the front of the stage (so close!) no one had enough space. In the end a security guard came and stood kind of near us the whole time because they were being very mean. >.> But I didn't let them put a downer on the night!


 
Easter Sunday! This Easter Sunday was a bit different for me than the usual kind! That was because this Easter I decided to be baptized. It was so good to share my testimony with others, and I felt like this really was the right time to do it, which made me very happy. I was able to rest and relax the week approaching it because we had a week worth of Easter holiday (needed it after barely surviving a week on no sleep and a lot of homework). I had some friends witness my baptism (one was shocked by it being a full submersion) and we had a nice gathering at my house afterwards.
 
 
Joe Craig! Now this is the one that I don't have any photo evidence of. But I was able to meet Joe Craig, the author of the Jimmy Coates books. He came to my school to speak and a few of us were selected to have dinner with him afterwards. I was one of those people! I was very shy and didn't talk too much, but I was happy to be there and I do think I learned a bit about writing, publishing and anything and everything there. He was really nice!
 
I'd met him four years ago when he also came to my school and I even have a signed copy of his book. But it was nice to see him again and have a chance to eat with him!
 
That's what has been happening in my life lately. I will continue doing Life Updates like these if anything of significance happens in the future :)
 
A New Video! I also have another review for you. Make sure to check it out ;)
 
 
Olivia's Question: What's the latest thing that has been happening in your life?
 
Olivia-Savannah x

29 comments:

  1. Wow, you did some amazing things. I want to visit Switzerland so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a really nice place! I hope you get to go at some point :)

      Delete
  2. So jealous of you visiting Switzerland! And I had no idea you had a YouTube channel but I've subscribed now :D

    x Ely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for subscribing! I am following you now as well, too. I hope we enjoy each others videos!

      Delete
  3. Your week must have been very interesting - I'm sure you will never forget these life-changing experiences. Switzerland is a beautiful place, I've always wanted to visit it.
    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very busy week but I was so happy by the end of it so I know it was worth it! And I will definitely not forget <3

      Delete
  4. Wow, interesting, Switzerland sounds so cool! And Nicki Minaj concert! Girl, I totally envy you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your team coming third and on winning a trophy! I've always wanted to go to Switzerland. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I hope you do get the chance to go at some point :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, your March was full of amazing things! Congrats on getting selected for the deam team! and of course about coming third ^^ I've never been to Switzerland before but it's on my list, people say is stunning! And I'm actually surprised your baptism was a full immersion; I didn't know they do it that way (well, I was baptised when I was a baby and I got water all over my baldy head hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as for my life... nothing too interesting I'm afraid. I've been dedicating my life to watch Daredevil, the new Netflix show which is amazing and I just wish there were more episodes because 13 aren't definitely enough....

      Delete
    2. March was the month I was looking forward to this month a lot and it helped me pull through February a lot! Thanks so much <3 I hope you do get a chance to visit Switzerland! I was surprised that it shocked so many people. My friend even squealed a bit from shock. I haven't heard of that show before but I am sure it is great :D

      Delete
  7. Wonderful post, Olivia. And yet, even with this all going on, you still managed to keep up your website. I would not have guessed you were traveling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I definitely have the preschedule button to thank for that! So helpful :D

      Delete
  8. Wow you sure had a busy week! That is so great you were baptized! I didn't get it done until this year, and was 31...so I admired everyone younger than me who had it done earlier in life. Congrats on the trophy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A busy but fun one! It's never too late to be baptized though ;)

      Delete
  9. Ahh you were in Switzerland!! Whereabouts did you go? Pity you did not get to do any sightseeing! How awesome that you got to go to the Nicki Minaj concert, sorry about the meanness from the people picking on you while you were there :( but glad you still had a nice time nonetheless. How awesome that you got baptised over Easter, must have been a very special moment for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Geneva! It was a good concert nonetheless and I think I would do it all again just to have been there! It definitely was a special moment I will never forget <3

      Delete
  10. Hey Olivia! Congratulations on winning a trophy. You go girl!! That's awesome! I'm very envious of visiting Switzerland... that must have been amazing. I was quite surprised whilst watching your video. For some reason I thought you were American!
    Love the pic of you being baptised, by the way. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thanks Suzy! It was a great time. And actually, a lot of people do think I am American because I am at an international school and constantly surrounded by mostly American accents. It did rub off on me a bit!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It was definitely great to visit and I enjoyed it a lot!

      Delete
  12. Wow, Switzerland!! Happy birthday, you did so many things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday was a while ago but the Nicki Minaj trip was part of it!

      Delete
  13. Loved this post! So fun to hear about all the awesome things you have been doing recently. Switzerland sounds awesome! I am so glad you got to visit and share your experience with us. The Nicki Minaj concert sounds so cool! What a great present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very busy that month! And yes, I will be ever grateful to my friends for that <3

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on your team's placement in the tournament. I bet seeing Switzerland would be a lot of fun. Hopefully you get to see more the next time you visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun and I would love to do it all again if I could :D

      Delete