Thursday, 26 March 2015

Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon: Take Me Out!

Hey there!

I am super happy because I was able to do a lot more reading yesterday than I managed to do on other days. Yay! And when the weekend comes I am hoping to blow you all out of the water. :P

Reading Update: Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L Armentrout- 268 pages [Finished Book]
                              The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski - 26 pages [Finished Book]
                              Lord of The Flies by William Goulding- 18 pages
                              Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - 45 pages

                              Sacred by Ketley Allison - 24 pages


The challenge for today is to make some dating profiles! That means we describe a character to you as if creating a blind date suggestion, and then see if you can guess who these people are. Can you?

“I think we should talk about this calmly before making a decision..."
Age: Old enough
Gender: Male
Relationship Status: Currently single... hence this profile of course.
Children: See above, although looking after this teenager could qualify on it's own.
Fitness/Body Type: My body works perfectly fine, thank you.
Education: A good school...
Income: Quite a lot. Working for the top people pays well ;)
Occupation: Somewhere in the palace, that's all I'll say.
Likes: Solving mind games, perceiving people.
Dislikes: Irrational or rash actions.
Looking for: Someone who can understand why I have to work so much, but can look after me when I am done looking after someone else.

“Go and do that.
Age: Never ask a woman her age, darling.
Gender: Female
Relationship Status: Looking for another husband.
Children: Pearl and Peony... and that cyborg, sadly. Just a guardian of course, she's not really part of my family.
Fitness/Body Type: Slim and beautiful.
Education: School was all about those jocks, you know.
Income: I like taking other people's money.
Occupation: None. I tend to my children.
Likes: Shopping, dresses and make up.
Dislikes: Disobedience, being told what to do.
Looking for: A man to take care of me, hopefully with a lot of money too.


“I'm sure there is a reason for this."
Age: Classified information.
Gender: Male.
Relationship Status: Riding solo.
Children: None :( But everyone I tend to becomes my child, in a way.
Fitness/Body Type: Surprisingly, I am very young and fit although I do hear things from time to time.
Education: Only the best. How do you think I have landed my job?
Income: The palace supplies me with all I need.
Occupation: Anything medical.
Likes: Solving riddles, politics, news
Dislikes: Being unable to solve something, Lunars
Looking for: A woman who won't judge on personality or species, and someone who will support my demanding job.


 
Olivia's Catastrophe: What do you look for in datable book characters?

Olivia-Savannah x

16 comments:

  1. This is rather hilarious :D I especially love #1! Okay here are my guesses:

    #1: Torin
    #2: Adri
    #3. Dr. Erland, I think!

    This challenge is so much fun. I can't wait to catch up on my casting post so I can do this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the challenge! And of course, you were completely correct :P

      Delete
  2. You're reading The Winner's Curse xD How are you liking it so far? Hope to hear your thoughts on it soon :)
    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have finished it already! Those were the last 26 pages I needed, and they happened to run into the Read-a-thon. It might be a long while till I get my review up, but it was okay.

      Delete
  3. It's really funny! Love this idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you do! We have to give recognition to Reviews and Cake for thinking of it, though!

      Delete
  4. Hi there - Your question: What do you look for in datable book characters? Someone who is good looking (of course!) and someone who could protect me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course the looks are important! And it's always good to have someone who will take care of you no matter what.

      Delete
  5. Can't guess any of the characters. I haven't read Cinder yet hahahaha but what I look in datable book characters is bravery, honesty and someone with a sense of humour. I can't deal with douches LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD Then that makes sense! You should really read it soon. Honesty and humour is good for sure :D

      Delete
  6. I love this! It's awesome to see your posts because I am reading Cinder too, well, I am reading Scarlet now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You finished Cinder? Niiiice! I am also reading Scarlet but everyone seems to be reading it faster than me ahaha.

      Delete