Saturday, 28 March 2015

Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon: Digging Deep

Hey there everyone!
 
Woohoo, it's weekend time and that means it is time to throw all the effort into reading. You've been holding on for so long I am certain you can make it all the way until the end!
 
Reading Update: Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L Armentrout- 268 pages [Finished Book]
                              Sacred by Ketley Allison - 73 pages [Finished Book]
                              The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski - 26 pages [Finished Book]

                              Stormbreaker (The graphic novel) adapted by Antony Johnson -
                              88 pages [Finished Book]
                              Lord of The Flies by William Goulding- 18 pages
                              Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - 230 pages

 
Today's challenge post is to answer some moral questions which might have arisen in the book. It was hard to dig deep and find some for Cinder, but now that I have thought about it wasn't so bad. It proves that even in lighthearted retellings and young adult books, there are sometimes deeper meanings in there as well. Without further ado, here are my questions and answers!
 
1. Should you compensate your own happiness for the good of the people?
Tricky questions are questions. I think that if I knew it was to the benefit of multiple other people, I would do it. Who would I be to make everyone else's life fall into imbalance just because of my own selfishness?
2. Should you really try to run away from your problems or face them?
 
I think you should always try to face your problems. Well, after you take a couple of minutes/days to stop being angry about them so that when you do face them, you face them calmly.
 
3. If someone close to you falls ill, and there is only one cure should you give it to them, or wait (endangering their life) till the cure can be replicated for others too?
 
I think we should wait for them to be replicated. I already know that anyone I would be willing to give it to would've answered the above question the way I would've as well. Which means make sure it gets replicated. Or give them a part of the cure so that they won't be endangered anymore.
 
4. In a relationship, does status matter?
NO. I am a strong believer that it doesn't.
 
5. Is world peace worth compensating independence?
 
I don't think so at all. I would rather we were all unique and free than living in peace but no longer truly being ourselves.
 
6. Does your race/family history affect your personality and who you are?
 
As much as some people may want to believe that it doesn't change anything, it does. I can already tell you that I don't eat cake on my birthday because it isn't part of our culture. And we don't have restrictions for time (it's all laid back) so I am terrible at being punctual. As for British, you can tell by how much I need tea in my life, or from the way I act in some cases. Yes, race and family history doesn't make up ALL your personality, but it does change some.
7. If you had a super power, should you use it?
Uh, this depends on the power. I think I would, just because I would like to be experimental and because super powers are so cool! If it was anything like Cinder's power I would try it out once, but then I wouldn't use it anymore.
 
8. Is love worth risking everything for?
No I wouldn't say it was worth risking everything for. I wouldn't want to give up my friends, family and favourite hobbies for any man. I can love my man, but I can't push him ahead of absolutely everything.
 
9. Is lying to someone for their own safety acceptable?
 
Yes, it is. I would do it for their benefit, and maybe if I could I would tell them the truth later. Or maybe I can't tell them in the moment. But I would think it was okay.
 
10. Should marriage depend solely on love but also other factors?
Yes, other factors do come into play. I think culture does matter, and what your goals in life are. But I have a feeling I would only fall in love with someone who could fit all of these.
 
 
Olivia's Question: Should you compensate your own happiness for the good of the people? (And yes, I did steal this one from the list xD)

Olivia-Savannah x

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That would be a super cool power. Less time getting around as well ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Olivia - great post. And, yes, I do SO need to catch up my reading this weekend. An interesting point of your post for me was "Should you really try to run away from your problems or face them?" I'd love nothing better than to run away from my problems because I hate any form of confrontation, but the better option is definitely to face your problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you will have a lot of free time to do so! I think that I am someone who isn't too good with confronting people either, but in the end it's always better after you have done so. Even if immediately it doesn't always feel like it.

      Delete
  3. How are you liking Lord of the Flies? You seem like a selfless person as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it so far, but I am only four chapters in! It's a clever book, but not entertaining enough on its own yet.

      Delete
  4. I wish I could move things with my mind. Or freeze time. That would be awesome hahahaha and I agree about facing problems because if not, things could get worse. But I also hate confrontations LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freeze time? I would never have to worry about missing a deadline again ahaha. Seems like a lot of bloggers don't like confrontation in general!

      Delete
  5. I really love these type of posts on your blog Olivia, it's so nice to know more about you. I agree with you it's better to face problems rather than running away from them. Hope you are having a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you do ^.^ I am, and yes, it is better to face them although it is not always easy.

      Delete
  6. Totally agree with your answer to question # 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :3 I do think our past makes a small part of us. I saw you agreed from your set of answers as well!

      Delete
  7. Your answer to #3 was interesting and I respect that. It's nice to know the person you'd give the cure to would want to replicate it first too! And #8 is perfect. Couldn't have said it better (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know you would agree with me. And as for #3 I would like to think they would do.

      Delete
  8. All the answers are really inspiring and nice! Well-done!

    ReplyDelete