Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon: Cast Away

Howdy!

I hope you are all still able to keep up with the reading. Personally, it hasn't been going amazing for me because school and personal things are really at it at the moment. But I will get there in time. I will!

Reading Update: Obsidian (Lux #1) - 232 pages
                              The Winner's Curse - 26 pages [Finished Book]

                              Lord of The Flies - 33 pages
                              Scarlet - 45 pages

 
Today's challenge was a simple one: cast the book characters! Seeing as so many people make movie adaptions and never choose the right actors/actresses, it's our turn to find the perfect people. I wonder if anyone else will have a similar casting list as me...
 

Cinder: Janel Parrish
She did a pretty good job in Bratz and I feel like she has the New Beijing feel down nicely.
 
 
Prince Kai: Alex Pettyfer
It just seems like the perfect role for him to play. I feel like his acting style from Beastly would be appropriate.
 
 
Torren: Hector Elizondo
I am thinking his Princess Diaries self. I can imagine this.
 
 
Peony: Chloe Grace Moretz
Apart from me absolutely loving this actress, she was the first person who came to mind.
 
 
Adri: Anne Hathaway
I do think Anne Hathaway can play mean roles if she needs to, and could do it well enough.
 
 
Pearl: Amanda Seyfried
Yes and yes.
 
 
Queen Levana: Charlize Theron
After her brilliant evil performance in Snow White and the Huntsmen, acting this role would be a breeze for her.
 
 
Sybil: Mila Kunis
I am not really a fan of hers, but she could do this easily.
 
 
Dr. Erland: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Because every film is better when he is in it. Ahem, I mean, Joseph in doctor gear? Yes please.
 


 
Olivia's Question: Who would you cast for the main character of the book you are currently reading?
 
Olivia-Savannah x

 

20 comments:

  1. I'm in the process of trying to write this post and it's not as easy as it seems. I thought of a couple of the same people as you - great minds..., right? :D I'm having trouble thinking of someone who could play Cinder. I also tried to think of someone who would fit the New Beijing feel, but then remembered that I read that she is actually from Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely wasn't easy for me either! I liked the decision you settled on, and it's a shame that I forgot she was originally from Europe! That would've made a lot more sense, ahaha.

      Delete
  2. You have assembled quite a nice cast! And as of right now, I'm reading Zodiac, but I don't know who I would cast for them. I'm horrible at imagining faces and then think of an suitable actor hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super difficult to choose :) Zodiac is a popular book and I am curious to see what you think!

      Delete
  3. I havent read Cinder yet so I cannot tell whether I would agree with your choices. But I am going to archive this post for later, so I can check it after reading Cinder one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like Cinder when you get around to reading it!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! I love Anne Hathaway and agree she could play a very mean role if need be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a great actress and I couldn't agree more!

      Delete
  5. I love your cast! Totally agree with Janel Parrish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know the Lux series yet but I love Hector Elizondo and of course as you have seen it on my blog Joseph Gordon-Levitt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is okay, I am reading Lux book one at the moment! Hehe we have a similar style in male celebs :P

      Delete
  7. These are perfect actors and actresses for the roles of all those characters! I love The Princess Diaries, so o can definitely see how perfect those two roles are.

    I'm currently reading These Broken Stars, and it took me way to long to figure out two actors. I actually had to search for actresses with red hair because I was having trouble coming up with one for Lilac. Then I went with a pretty popular actor fo Tarver, and a perfect one for Cazien!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Princess Diaries <3 It's really hard to do this casting challenge! I will go see who you chose for everything :)

      Delete
  8. Aw lovely cast you have here! I love Anne Hathaway, she's a wonderful actress.
    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been brilliant in every movie of hers I have seen!

      Delete
  9. I second your picks for Cinder and Torin! Janel Parrish really looks the part. Is she mixed? Marissa Meyer's site states that Cinder is quite tan and is half Asian and Caucasian. I think you quite hit the nail on the head :D And yes Charlize Theron for Levana!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is mixed, and I always imagined Cinder to be as well! Someone really needs to make a movie of this film. Taking all our casting lists into account, of course.

      Delete
  10. I always love to see who people would cast in the book version of a movie. I haven't read this one yet- but I want to and I would go see the movie with these stars. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A movie with all these people included in it would be great!

      Delete