Thursday, 18 December 2014

Creatures of the Night Tag!

Hey guys!

Today we have the Creatures of the Night Tag, where you list your favourite use of each type of character from a book and tag five more people! Thanks so much to My Addiction: Books of this tag! Let’s get started.

(When I was answering this I realised how few books I have read with some of these creatures in them. Ugh, I need to read more!)

Vampires

I have read an awful lot of vampire books, but my first vampire book will always be my favourite one, no matter how much hate it gets. That’s all for you, Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer! People always complain that it’s not what vampires are supposed to be like, but then again, aren’t we always looking for something original and different as well? Meyer manages to do it here!

Werewolves

Oh man, I have not read nearly enough werewolf books. Only two, Twilight and City of Bones. I will have to go with City of Bones here in fear of being repetitive because I really like how they were portrayed here. And of course, I loved the pack characters and their own story. Besides, I loved all the characters in that series.

Zombies

Again, I have only read one AH-MAZING zombie book, even though I have more on my TBR. Either way, I think Jessie from Dying for a Living, by Kory M Shrum was wonderful. She was an amazing character, who was strong and funny, and had a lot of important choices to make. Again, Kory used the idea of zombies in a really unique way. I think I have a thing for original ideas.

Ghosts

Ghosts? Um, I remember there being one in one of the books in the Evernight series by Claudia Gray, but I remember not liking it too much. I also recently finished Tortured Souls by Kimber Leigh Wheaton which ghosts… but I didn’t like that book much.

Oh! About five years ago I read the Mediator series by Meg Cabot, and even though I can’t remember what they are about, exactly, I know I loved them! There we go J

Witch/Warlocks/Spellcasters

Well, this is easy. Magnus from City of Bones series was one of my favourite characters in all of the books. I can’t wait to read the novellas about his life. So much love for him right now ^.^

Fairy/Fae

I have yet to read a book with Fairies or Fae. YET! I have intentions to, and even own this beautiful book called the Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset which seems like it is all about Fae. I believe there might’ve been some in Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, but I am not entirely sure because I read those books years ago.

Demons

The Guardian by Lydia Rodriguez-Clement had some interesting demons in there. The idea of fallen angels mingling with demons to become stronger was intriguing. It wasn’t a tip top favourite of mine, but I liked her take on them.

Angel

I honestly cannot think of a single Angel book >< I think there was some or maybe one in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare? I hope so xD



Alien

I absolutely loved the aliens created in The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Once again, she has a completely unique and interesting idea with an even more addictive plot. Aliens that go into your body and fill up your mind? Uh, yes please!

 
Super-powered Human

Now this was easy, especially as one of my favourite all-time series is Gone by Michael Grant with plenty of super powered teens in it. My favourite character with powers either has to be the sinister Penny and her use of illusions, or Dekka who can control gravity. Honestly, I recommend these books to everyone!

I tag:
Morrighan @ Elysian Fields
Benish @ Benish Khan

Olivia's Question: What is your favourite type of creature of the night?

Olivia-Savannah x

42 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Twilight! I used to be crazy about it, but I still think of it fondly since it introcued me to the YA world.

    Faeries... You totally should try the Iron Fey series, by Julie Kagawa, and as for angels, Angelfall, by Susan Ee. *starry eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never was crazy about it, but I will always love it. I have the first book in the Iron Fey series, so it is just a matter of getting to it! And Angelfall sounds awesome, so I have added it to my TBR :3

      Delete
  2. Spooky! I haven't read a lot of paranormal books except for Cassie Clare. Tag sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a genre I need to dig deeper into as well!

      Delete
  3. Good answers! I haven't read a lot of those types of books either, so I'd struggle too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I m sure you would be able to manage as well!

      Delete
  4. What a cute tag! I'm excited to do mine now :D I loved the City of Bones, although, I happen to be one of those happen who dislike twilight :( I liked New Moon better, I loved the werewolves concept though.

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your answers as well! It's okay, many people disliked Twilight. I was actually someone who didn't like New Moon as much. The werewolves were cool, but it bothered me how much Bella pined over Edward.

      Delete
  5. I really like witches. It's also the costume I repeated the most for Halloween. But for some reason, I just love all the books that have witches as a main character - plus, I am obsesses with Harry Potter (although the witch obsession started way before I was introduced to the magical world of Hogwarts).
    Andreea | http://catsfika.blogspot.ro/
    Check Out My New Food Blog Flavour Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I have only read the first two Harry Potter books, but I am glad you like them! Maybe you would like the book Beautiful Creatures, even though the witches are called Spellcasters then.

      Delete
  6. This is aaaawesome. XD I love paranormal/supernatural creatures. Ohh Cassandra Clare's books are my FAVOURITE. Yep there's a few angels in there, but they're not main characters. MAGNUS RULES THE WORLD. With glitter. I love him. I think my favourite werewolf books are Maggie Stiefvaters version. I haven't actually read that many. *gasp* I need to fix this asap.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love TMI as well. I don't read enough paranormal books to make me happy, and doing this tag has made me realise it. I need to read more! Magnus is amazing! One of my favourite characters <3 I need to read some of Maggie Stiefvaters books. I have heard so many good things about them!

      Delete
  7. What a cool tag! Thanks for tagging me Olivia :) I'm pretty sure I'm gonna repeat myself with the answers as well because I haven't read that many paranormal books to be honest :/ Oh, and I agree, MAGNUS FREAKING BANE! I can't wait to get the novellas bind-up as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe we are one and the same! Magnus is amazing. No doubt about it.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the tag and great answers! I also found that City of Bones answered a lot of the questions but I found other which you can see here http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2014/10/creatures-of-night-tag.html Magnus is one of my favourite characters OF ALL TIME! Just like The Host is one of my favourite books OF ALL TIME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my apologises for tagging you again! I will go and check out your answers as well. The Host is awesome!

      Delete
  9. Great answers and want an awesome tag as well. It's hard thinking of books where I have found all these creatures. I'd definitely have Lupin in Harry Potter as my werewolf though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this tag! I haven't read enough into that series to know who Lupin is. I am only on book 2

      Delete
  10. Lots of great answers here! If you're looking for Fae books, you should try Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard quite a bit about those! I will be trying them when I can :)

      Delete
  11. For alien & vampires I would also definitely say Stephenie Meyers books! Maybe the Twilight series is not the most literary piece out there, but I sure enjoyed reading it. I read the first two Mortal Instruments books and I really should continue reading the series, thanks for reminding me. I don't know why I stopped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not very literary but it was a book I loved and can reread over and over. I hope you enjoy the rest of the TMI series!

      Delete
  12. I am with you on the twilight love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there - I think the only one I'm familiar with is the Twilight series. I watched these only after she had the DVD. She'd gone to the movies to see them when they were out and then collected the movies when they were released on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how much you liked them. I do prefer the books, but either people love or hate them for what I have seen xD

      Delete
  14. This is a cool post! And I just realized I've never read a book with zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are few and far between, and even harder to find the gems!

      Delete
  15. Thank you for the tag :)
    I, personally, hold the view that humans shouldn't engage in any kind of activity with the evil supernatural. By evil I mean the type that aren't good. Angels, of course, are full of God's love. I don't feel like it would be right for me to write this post up. I started it, got my header image sorted and everything but as I was writing I realised that I really haven't read many supernatural 'creature of the night' books as I can never get myself into them. One series that I did get into was the Gone series by Michael Grant but by book 4 I was too scared to read the rest! <3 thank you again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, okay, I understand. It's alright if you don't want to, and of course every tag is optional! I do like the books Gone, but I can understand if you find them scary! I definitely did, but that was one of the reasons why I loved it, I think.

      Delete
  16. Ooh, this seems like a fan tag! I just might have to steal it, though like you, I might have to think for a minute about which supernatural books I've read. XD

    Lovely blog! I followed via Bloglovin! =)

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I hope you do enjoy stealing it! I love spreading tags and this one was fun to do :3

      Delete
  17. Thank you for the tag girl! I have been totally slacking with my blogger related duties lately.. haha! I honestly haven't read anything since Winter Break.. ugh. I hate these reading slumps, but I'm trying to pull myself out of it with JLA's new book, Wicked and the Percy Jackson series. Hoping it works (;
    Thanks again Olivia (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you get round to filling this one out! And yes, studying can steal a lot of time. I hope you can get out of this slump!

      Delete
  18. Great answers! I loved the aliens in The Host too, they were awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a great book! Thank you for tagging me :)

      Delete
  19. I haven't seen a blog post from you in days, Hope you're well Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have your explanation in your Goodreads messages. But thanks for the concern <3

      Delete
  20. hahaaa! when I wear eye-liner!!! hahaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great list! I am partial to vampires, but I grew up reading Anne Rice- so I always picture her vampires. I have heard great things about The Host and have to get to reading it. I don't think I have ever read a book with zombies!

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Anne Rice before but I have heard a lot of amazing things about her books. I was like you for a long time when it comes to zombie books as well.

      Delete