Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Intouchables: Movie Review

Hey there! Y’know I can never think of a better greeting than this :D

I’m here to mention a movie I watched, called Intouchables. It’s a French movie, and I watched it with Dutch subtitles. I don’t know about there being an English version, but I sincerely hope there is, because this is great film. It’s one of those films that are based on a true story as well, which makes me all the more for it.
I hope I can do it justice. This story follows a man called Driss (played by Omar Sy) who is from difficult conditions, and his family is large and falling apart. His mother worries too much about him and his brother is in the wrong crowd. Looking for work, he works for a millionaire called Phillippe. There is only one catch – Phillipe is paralyzed from his chest and shoulders downwards. He can’t feel a thing. 

Driss’s energy and opinions as well as culture greatly influence Philippe as they become fast friends. But Driss also learns something from Philippe’s refined and formal taste. Seeing their friendship and how the both change each other’s lives is an inspiration. This whole film is inspirational. And being a true story, it’s all more for pulling at your heart strings.
There isn’t much more I can say. Just mention that it’s rated a twelve, and that I majorly suggest it.
Olivia-Savannah x

14 comments:

  1. Very nice film, definitely gives some 'food' for thinking..
    Omar Sy is very charismatic! I really like his play in ' L'Écume des jours' ('Mood Indigo')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen many of his other films, only this one. But I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  2. What a great quote. I haven't seen the movie yet but I've been meaning to as I've heard very good reviews. See u around gorgeous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a wonderful movie! I'm glad to have seen it. great blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^ And yes, it is a great movie

      Delete
  4. I love the quote! I so want to see this movie now! It looks amazing. You can just tell there's gonna be tears and it's gonna be really inspirational. Did you watch this in french class? Did you struggle with the dutch subtitles? This is an amazing movie, but I now you can do better with the review. Perhaps you were rushing, but reviews are your strong point and I just don't think this reached Olivia standard. This is a great review though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I love it when my lil sis tells me what to do :P I will work harder on it though. I don't do French, I do Spanish! I think I just bought the French version because there was no other language. And I didn't struggle. Maybe we can watch it sometimes, when I find a british version!

      Delete
  5. I love this film, makes me laugh and think. Great beautiful m0vie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this movie! It is so emotional and amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete