Sunday, 8 December 2013

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters DVD (Review)


Hey there my catastrophic buddies! Today I decided I would do a bit of a longer post. I just finished watching a movie, Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters. While I was watching, I noticed a few things, and I decided to blog about them! Beware though, there will be spoilers! Don’t say I didn’t warn ya ;)

Was this film better than the last one? It really depends on how you are going to judge it. It was more based off of the book this time, which was good. And somebody finally made Annabeth’s hair blonde, as it should be! Thank you! I on the other hand, liked the first film more. It’s because I see the books and movies as based off each other, but separate. I don’t mind how far off the book they go, I just want a good film :D

But during this movie, I noticed quite a few funny things that just kept bothering. It kept me noting how unrealistic and sometimes, bad acting was involved. For example, Percy’s friends always suddenly and conveniently walk off when someone is about to say something personal. At one point Hermes is talking to Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Tyson, and then when he’s just about to say something personal about Luke Percy’s friends turn and walk off! They’re not supposed to know what’s coming, and they have no reason to be leaving. I mean, seriously?! It would never happen in real life. Why do people only want to have heart to hearts with Percy anyways? How about Annabeth?

When Kronos came alive, all these rocks flying around, he was so easily defeated! All they actually needed to do was drag a sword down his chest. So why did no one think of that? Also, all of Luke’s men didn’t have any weapons. But if Kronos wasn’t resurrecting, and it was just Percy and his friends, they sure would have weapons at the ready to capture them. So I don’t understand why they didn’t have weapons around Kronos. I’m telling you, anyone could’ve defeated a moving pile of rocks. I know Kronos said something, but I didn’t really understand him. A deep voice coming from a talking volcano? It shall always be a mystery…

Speaking of monsters, all the monsters in the Sea of monsters (don’t you love how many times I said monsters there? xD) were easy to defeat. It wasn’t just Kronos actually. To defeat the bull you had to throw a sword through its throat… (okay I admit that one is hard). A dog with a scorpions tail is defeated if you cut the tail... the giant Cyclops is dealt with using only one big rock and running power. Gah, pathetic monsters.

Let’s not get me started on Luke. From other movies like the Host, I haven’t really liked his acting. He is okay here. But as a villain? And his cheesy lines. Like, “Percy, it didn’t have to be this way…” or “I summon you O Kronos.” Just get on with it! Less talking and more fighting. However, I will admit he has some funny moments. Like telling Percy to get off his roof. Was he supposed to be say that?

And the last thing I’m going to pick on has to do with Thalia. First off, something to do with the book series as well. If Thalia dying and the tree falling making the safety barrier, then why did the group of little kids need to get to Camp Half-blood before. It couldn’t have been safe yet.

I didn’t really like the ending. Thalia couldn’t remember anything that happened while she was a tree, but without being told she was a daughter of Zeus, she suddenly knows? Why couldn’t there have been an ending like the Hunger Games? Y’know, Thalia’s eyes opening and then dun dun dun music and all that suspense? Instead of well, what they gave us…

I hope this review was helpful to you :D And I hope you go watch the film! If you have, what did you think of it? Am I judging too harshly? Don’t worry, there is Logan Leerman in it, and that makes it all okay ^^

Bye for now lovelies! Olivia-Savannah x
 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you posted this! You were dissing the film so badly! You didn't say anything positive except Morgan and some of the negatives were really harsh! Lighten up! Like your resolution, balance out the positive with the negative. Besides, you can't post all that bad stuff then say, "I hope you see the movie, it's really good!''

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did diss it quite a lot sister, because it wasn't that good. I like the percy Jackson films because they're funny! And sometimes films are so bad they're funny, like City of Bones. And that's why I end up loving them. But in all honesty, I wish they stick to the films more! But yes, next time I'll balance out the positives with it more. And the ending does seem quite contradictive! :/

      Delete